PART 3

As the clock struck midnight, Mr. Blackwood made his way to the old oak, his heart heavy with foreboding. A figure emerged from the shadows, its features obscured by a hood.

"Who are you?" Mr. Blackwood demanded, his hand on the hilt of his sword.

The figure stepped forward, revealing a woman with piercing green eyes. "I'm someone who knows your secrets, Mr. Blackwood," she said, her voice dripping with malice. "And I'll use them to destroy you."

Mr. Blackwood's grip on his sword tightened. "What secrets?" he growled.

The woman smiled, her lips curling up. "The secrets you've kept hidden for so long. The secrets that could ruin your reputation and destroy your chance at happiness with Emilia."

Mr. Blackwood's eyes narrowed. "What do you want?"

The woman's smile grew wider. "Oh, I think you know. I want you to stay away from Emilia. Forever."

Mr. Blackwood's jaw clenched in defiance. "I'll never stay away from Emilia," he growled. "She's the only one who's ever truly understood me."

The woman's smile faltered, and for a moment, Mr. Blackwood saw a glimmer of sadness in her eyes. "You're making a mistake, Mr. Blackwood," she said, her voice barely above a whisper. "Emilia deserves better than a man with your past."

With that, she turned and disappeared into the night, leaving Mr. Blackwood with more questions than answers.

As he made his way back to the manor, he couldn't shake the feeling that his secrets were on the verge of being exposed. And he knew that if they were, he might lose Emilia forever.

Meanwhile, Emilia was struggling with her own doubts. Lady Catherine's constant warnings had sown seeds of uncertainty in her mind. What if Mr. Blackwood was hiding something from her?

As she lay in bed, she couldn't shake the feeling that she was walking into danger with her eyes closed.

As Emilia's doubts grew, she knew she had to confront Mr. Blackwood. She found him in the library, his eyes fixed on a book in front of him.

"Mr. Blackwood, I need to ask you something," she said, her voice trembling.

He looked up, his eyes locking onto hers. "What is it, Emilia?"

Emilia took a deep breath. "Are you hiding something from me? Something that could change everything between us?"

Mr. Blackwood's expression faltered, and for a moment, Emilia saw a glimmer of fear in his eyes.

"Emilia, I...I don't know what you're talking about," he stammered.

But Emilia saw through his lie. She knew he was hiding something.

Suddenly, a loud noise echoed through the hallway, followed by the sound of footsteps.

"Emilia, Mr. Blackwood, I need to speak with you both," Lady Catherine said, her voice firm.

As Lady Catherine entered the room, Emilia saw a look of triumph on her face.

"What is it, Aunt?" Emilia asked, her heart pounding in her chest.

Lady Catherine smiled. "I've discovered Mr. Blackwood's secret. And I'm afraid it will change everything."

Lady Catherine's eyes gleamed with triumph as she revealed the truth. "Mr. Blackwood is not who he claims to be," she said, her voice dripping with malice. "He's actually the son of a convicted felon, and he's been hiding his true identity to gain your trust, Emilia."

Emilia's world came crashing down around her. She felt like she'd been punched in the gut, unable to breathe.

Mr. Blackwood's face went white, his eyes pleading for understanding. "Emilia, please listen to me," he begged. "I can explain everything."