3

He stood, arms crossed, his eyes fixed ahead, unmoved and unbothered by the surrounding chaos

I observed him as he strolled over to the plush sofa nestled in the dance studio's entrance, his confident stride exuding nonchalance. He settled into the couch, elegantly placing one leg over the other, his pose radiating relaxed sophistication. Next, he glanced at his wristwatch, the soft click of the strap and the flicker of his eyes conveying a sense of casual detachment. With a subtle sigh, he leaned back, surrendering to the comfort of the sofa, his entire demeanor oozing tranquility.

His calmness baffled me; why wasn't he reacting?

Right as I was about to speak, he interrupted.

"If you're done, I'm here to pick up my niece." Guess he's not mute. But, what?

"Chachu?" My thoughts came to an abrupt halt.

There stood Noor, rubbing her eyes as she approached the man infront of me, her steps slightly uneven as she limped along.

I was completely at a loss, consumed by embarrassment. I wished I could just vanish into thin air, evaporate from that moment, and escape the humiliation. Kyu bhagwaan ji, kyu?[ Why God, why? ]

"Why are you limping, Noor?" Shit.

"I slipped and lost my balance but I'm fine now!"

His eyes darted up to meet mine, their piercing intensity sending a shiver down my spine.

"Seriously?" Excuse me?

I opened my mouth to defend myself for the accusation he was blaming me for but was interrupted by Noor.

"Chachu? Why do you always assume the worst about people you don't know?" Noor said, her arms crossed and a slight frown on her face.

"And she can assume I'm the one who's going to marry her?"

He let out a scoff, his hand gliding through his hair with a frustrated gesture, as he tenderly held Noor close, securing her in his arms.

While Noor still in his arms, he turned around, ready to leave but just as he was about to twist the knob, i interrupted.

"Are you not Ruhaan's brother?" Swara, control.

He turned around, almost immediately. His gazed pierced through me, annoyance burning in his eyes like a simmering fire.

"One word and it's over." He's got another thing coming if he thinks he can scare me.

"Get a new script, chachu."

Noor, who was still in his arms, shook her head in disbelief.

"You know what? I'm done wasting my time here." Annoyance was written all over his face. He seemed like he would not waste a single second here but I wouldn't let him go that easily.