8

I stood silently behind Mihika, my arms crossed, mesmerized by her intense focus as she carefully applied her mascara, her eyes fixed on the mirror, her lashes transforming into luscious frames

"Seriously, how long does it take to get ready?" Mihika spoke, carefully placing her mascara on the dressing table as she blinked rapidly, her lashes fluttering like butterfly wings, drying the freshly applied coat.

Uncrossing my arms, I dropped onto the bed, bouncing up a little, "I told you I'm not going."

Mihika faced me, her expression being deadpan serious as she spoke, "Naina, your Ahaan can wait. Free food can't. Priorities, please!

"You don't understand, Mihika!"

I observed as Mihika rummaged through my closet, carefully choosing a dress that would complement my figure.

Mihika knew I wouldn't agree to attend the party, so she suggested getting ready at my place instead, assuming I wouldn't be visiting her home.

Picking the dress up, she said, "You're going and that's it."

Did I have an option?

Yes.

No.

The dress Mihika chose for me was a charming, knee-length white frock with intricate, shiny embroidery adorning it's hem. Its off shoulder design added a touch of elegance, framing my face with its delicate folds. I had worn this dress on several occasions before, and its comfort and flair never failed to make me feel cute.

I let out a sigh before getting up from the the bed and headed to change into the outfit Mihika picked.

Now that I'm going to the party, I'll ensure my style is nothing short of breathtaking.

I mean, I may not wake up looking flawless, but I can fake it, right?

While Mihika was busy choosing the perfect earrings to match her dress, I began doing my makeup.

I started by applying foundation, added eyeliner for definition, coated my lashes with mascara, and finished my looks with nude lipstick.

"Chale madam?" Mihika asked the moment she saw me all set.

"I've forwarded you the address Pragya sent me. We'll have to call an uber." I forwarded her the address while she called the uber.

I was about to proceed when my eyes landed on the gift I had carefully wrapped for Shivi.

It was a delicate, sparkling diamond feather shaped earring, perfect for Shivi's newly pierced ears.

After taking her gift, I closed my bedroom door, ensuring everything was secure, and then Mihika and I went downstairs.

~

The house was bigger than I thought, a lot bigger, probably because one son is a lawyer and the other a doctor. An egoistic doctor.