7

"Aanvi, do it properly, like this

"Aanvi, do it properly, like this." Being in the dance studio was all I ever wanted.

All the students were present today, except Shivi.

To be honest, I think Ahaan's taking revenge by scaring Shivi off from my dance studio. Such a bitch.

Shaking off those weird thoughts, I got back to dancing.

A smile crept on my face watching the children's bright faces and eager eyes.

As I began to teach the new verse, I noticed Navya's concentration, her brows furrowed in determination, making me frown too.

In the back, Shruti and Aanvi were already in sync, their movements being fluid and confident.

The studio echoed with the sound of tapping feet and giggles as we danced together, creating a joyful atmosphere that filled my heart with nothing but pride.

Mihika had texted me last night about her late arrival as she was caught in a family business.

Although I knew she was going to arrive late, I still kept an eye on the door.

Mihika didn't know a thing about kathak. I hired her to manage all the records and the extra curricular activities of the children. Being my college friend, I trusted her enough to give her this post.

"Drinks break, everyone!"

I said as I made my way to the sofa, forcing myself to sit down and started massaging my ankle a little, easily the pain that had occurred due to dancing.

That's what you get for ignoring Dr. Sharma's ankle warnings, Naina.

No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get Ahaan's hurtful act out of my head.

Nevertheless, I mentally shook off the lingering thoughts since he wasn't worthy of my attention.

I was interrupted by the sound of the door opening.

Mihika burst in, looking totally spent. She flopped down on the sofa beside me, her chest rising and falling in quick, taking shallow breaths. I handed her a glass of water, and she grabbed it like a her life depends on it, her eyes locking onto mine as she said, "I owe you my life today, Naina!"

A smile spread across my face as I shook my head in playful disagreement.

"Lagta hai kisi ko overacting ki dose mil gayi hai." I said while eyeing Mahi. [ Looks like someone's gone overboard with the drama. ]

I saw as Mihika got up from the sofa, putting her bag on the table, she said, "No one can pull off Ahaan's level of drama though."

With a sigh of relief, she settled onto the table's edge, her bag being beside her. After spotting the phone charger inside her bag, she quickly left the table behind, hastily making her way to the switchboard to replenish her phone's dwindling battery.