2. compulsion

2. compulsion

 compulsion

-

When Jasmin steps into the BAU, the first thing she notices is Elle coming down the stairs from Gideon's office, her face a mix of curiosity and confusion as she zeroes in on Morgan and Reid. "Question for you," she calls out.

Morgan, lounging in his chair, lets out a sigh, shifting slightly. "Go ahead, shoot."

Elle reaches the bottom of the stairs and strides over to them. "The Footpath Killer. Why did he stutter?" she asks, her tone determined.

Morgan rolls his eyes, clearly exasperated by the question. "Come on, Elle. We've all asked him, and he won't say," he replies.

Jasmin, chuckling softly as she approaches her desk—strategically placed right beside Morgan's—drops her bag and quips, "Maybe he doesn't know the answer himself."

Morgan glances at her, a playful smirk tugging at his lips. "Good morning to you too, princess," he teases before turning back to Elle. "He just wants us to figure it out."

Elle narrows her eyes, a mischievous grin creeping onto her face. "Well, okay. I'm up for a challenge." she says confidently.

At that moment, a blonde woman—someone Jasmin hasn't met before—enters the bullpen, her arms full of files. "Good," the woman says, catching everyone's attention as she strides over to Elle and drops the files on her desk. "Because these go to you." Elle's brows knit in confusion as she glances at the files, then back at the woman, who extends a hand. "Special Agent Jennifer Jareau. JJ, if you prefer," she introduces herself with a warm smile.

"Elle," she responds, still a bit puzzled, as she accepts the handshake.

"Greenaway," JJ finishes for her, clearly well-informed. "Highest number of solved cases in Seattle three years running. Speciality in sex offender cases."

Elle raises her eyebrows, shooting a glance at Morgan, Reid, and Jasmin before focusing back on JJ. "Not bad," she says, impressed.

JJ chuckles lightly. "Well, I'm the unit liaison here. My speciality is untangling bureaucratic knots. You'll probably be talking to me a lot." She flashes another smile as she moves toward the stairs that lead to Hotchner's office. " My door is always open. Mostly because i'm never in my office. So just call me on my cell, okay? We'll talk." As JJ starts walking away, Hotchner emerges from his office, his expression serious. She stops, looking at him. "Did you watch it?" she asks.

"Yeah," Hotchner replies, turning his attention to the rest of the team. "I think everyone needs to see it." His voice cuts through the room, commanding attention. "BAU team, can you meet me in the conference room, please? I need to show you something."

The team exchanges glances, the lightheartedness fading as they follow Hotchner's lead toward the conference room. Something important is coming, and Jasmin can feel it in the air.