5. broken mirror

5. broken mirror

 broken mirror

-

As they walk toward the bullpen of the BAU office, Morgan glances at Reid with a mischievous smile. "So, what happened with you and JJ at the Redskins game, huh?" he asks, his tone playful. Before Reid can even get a word out, Morgan cuts in again, "And yes, princess told me."

Reid rolls his eyes but can't help the small smile tugging at his lips. "Top secret," he mutters, still keeping things vague. He's clearly amused, but not ready to spill the details just yet.

Morgan's about to tease him more when they're interrupted by a voice behind them. "Derek," a woman calls out, her tone unmistakably flirty as she approaches them with a smile that's directed only at him.

Morgan grins back, polite but a little caught off guard. "Hey."

"Hey," she replies, that smile widening. "I put the transcript from the last prison interview on your desk."

Morgan raises a brow. "It wasn't a classified rush. You could've sent it interoffice."

The woman shrugs, not missing a beat, her eyes twinkling. "I could have," she says, her tone light and suggestive as she quickens her pace, walking away with a sway in her step.

Morgan shares a look with Reid, both of them silent for a beat until they notice two more women passing by, their attention fixed solely on Morgan.

Reid lets out a sigh, shaking his head with a knowing smile. "Must be tough, man."

Morgan chuckles, wrapping an arm around Reid's shoulders. "Not really," he says, grinning. "It's like they all sense I'm trying to stay loyal to one woman, and now they're all volunteering."

Reid raises a brow, a hint of curiosity in his voice. "Did you know that studies show when men focus their attention on one potential mate, it actually increases their appeal to other women? It's called 'mate choice copying.' It's common in both animals and humans."

Morgan laughs, shaking his head at the random fact. "Is that right? Well, that one woman's always been, and will always be, one woman, genius." His smile softens, and there's a spark of sincerity in his voice as he adds, "Princess."

Reid's lips twitch into a smile, not missing the depth in Morgan's words, but instead of pressing further, he just nods. "That's one fact we all already knew," he says with a smirk, his eyes twinkling with mischief. Reid turns more serious, adjusting his bag on his shoulder as he glances over at Morgan. "But seriously, you don't do anything, and these women are throwing themselves at you."

Morgan lets out a sigh as they make their way into the bullpen. "Strictly off-limits, Reid."

Reid raises a brow, genuinely curious. "There's no code of conduct that says agents can't socialize."