THE REVEL

Weeks after the confrontation with Jimin's step-parents, things were settling into a new normal. Jimin had been gradually opening up to Jungkook, and their relationship had grown from cautious friendship to something deeper. But Jimin still wore his "nerdy" makeup and glasses every day, hiding his true appearance behind a carefully crafted facade.

Jungkook noticed how Jimin would become visibly uncomfortable whenever someone complimented him on his "unique" look. It was clear that Jimin's insecurity about his appearance, rooted in years of being hidden away, still lingered. Jungkook, feeling a mixture of frustration and determination, wanted to support Jimin in revealing his true self, but he knew it had to be on Jimin's terms.

One day, Jimin approached Jungkook with a serious expression. "I need to talk to you," he said quietly.

Jungkook looked up from his book, concerned. "What's wrong?"

Jimin sat down beside him, taking a deep breath. "I've been thinking a lot about... who I am. And I want to show you the real me. But I need you to understand that this is really important to me."

Jungkook's heart raced with anticipation. "Of course, Jimin. I'm here for you."

Jimin nodded, his fingers trembling slightly. He reached into his bag and pulled out a small, velvet-lined box. Inside was a compact mirror and some makeup remover wipes. He glanced at Jungkook, his eyes filled with a mix of fear and determination.

"I've been hiding behind this mask for so long," Jimin said, his voice shaking. "It's become a part of me, but it's not who I truly am. I want to show you... me."

Jungkook's eyes softened with understanding. "Take your time, Jimin. I'm here."

Jimin took a deep breath and began to carefully remove his makeup. He started with the heavy foundation, then the concealer, and finally the glasses. Each step revealed more of his true self, and as the makeup came off, so did the layers of his insecurities.

When he finally looked up, Jungkook was taken aback by Jimin's true appearance. The boy in front of him was stunningly beautiful, with features that seemed almost ethereal. His skin was smooth and flawless, his eyes bright and expressive. The transformation was so profound that Jungkook was momentarily speechless.

Jimin's cheeks flushed with embarrassment as he looked down, his hands nervously fidgeting. "Do you... do you think I look okay?" he asked quietly, his voice trembling.

Jungkook reached out and gently lifted Jimin's chin, forcing him to meet his gaze. "You're incredible, Jimin. I'm so sorry you had to hide yourself for so long. You're beautiful, inside and out."

Jimin's eyes filled with tears at Jungkook's words. He had spent so long feeling unworthy and hiding behind a facade that it was overwhelming to hear such genuine praise.

"I was so scared," Jimin admitted, his voice breaking. "Scared that no one would like me for who I really am. I didn't want to be judged or rejected."

Jungkook wrapped his arms around Jimin, pulling him into a warm embrace. "You don't have to be scared anymore. I'm here, and I care about you more than anything. Your true self is exactly who I want to be with."

Jimin clung to Jungkook, his tears mingling with the soft fabric of Jungkook's shirt. The embrace was comforting, a reassurance that he was loved for who he truly was.

The moment was intimate and profound, marking a turning point in their relationship. For the first time, Jimin felt free to be himself, and Jungkook's support made all the difference.