Page 4

The day of the meeting at the CIA has finally arrived. The two sides: Nana's group(Nana, Gehlee, Elisia, and Seowon), and Hyeonju's company(Hyeonju, Yoona, and Kotoko, [Yunha is not a member of Hyeonju's company]) were both accepted the CIA's invitation. All of them came that day at the CIA office' building to attend the anticipated meeting together with the chief director of the CIA himself, Sir Edward Moore.

(..continuation of the previous page...)

Sir Moore: "Former defense secretary Myeong Dohyun became so aggressive because of what happened in this 2022 election and threatened the President Jo Hakkun's administration because of the president continuing its anti-unification stance. Dohyun said in one interview that if the President Hakkun will not accept the agreement for the unification, he will make the president do it by force, or use force to remove all hindrances for the agreement. So it becomes a clear threat for Jo Hakkun. As expected the president rejected Dohyun's call and said in one interview that he's not afraid in any threats that is thrown at him. President Hakkun's political co-members of his party filed a case against Dohyun and because of the warrant of arrest he fled to North Korea in 2023 and the said country served him a protection at that time, until now."

Seowon: "So that means Dohyun cannot go back here in South Korea, then what are we still worrying for?"

Yoona: "You have to listen first before jumping into conclusion."

Sir Moore: "Myeong Dohyun had many allies that he pulled onto his side, and are still in here at South Korea, and many of them came from the National Armed Forces itself. Most of them are retired generals(flashing the images of the personalities in front) like General Ryu Insu, Park Joon Wu, Min Jongsu.. actually you can see each one of them here in front."

The chief director shown at them many personalities which are well-known in the army. All of the girls were overwhelmed and jaw-dropped by knowing many of them and after seeing how numerous they are in Dohyun's side.

Sir Moore: "Next slide please. These pictures here are also ex-military specialists and military researchers who resigned in the military under the term of the former president Seojun."

While the girls are still overwhelmed by the number of people shown to them, Elisia was stuck in one picture.

Elisia: "Wait a minute."

Sir Moore: "Yes?"

Elisia: "Is that Dr. San Dae-ho?"

"Ohh. Yeah he is a famous military researcher, isn't he?" Sir Edward Moore replied proudly, but afterwards noticed that Elisia is not happy.

Elisia: "He is one of my inspirations in my research works."

"I apologize," Sir Moore felt sorry, " ..but I'm afraid he's on the wrong side now." The chief director assured to all of the girls, "All of those you see in these pictures are all confirmed in Dohyun's side."

Hyeonju: "Have you told all of these in the administration?"

Sir Moore: "Yes, even in the National Armed Forces."

Hyeonju: "But what are their response?"

Sir Moore: "They told us that they're ready to defend in any cases possible. But we are not quite sure about what they have said. They're not really doing that impressive enough to really fend off any threats from Dohyun. It seems like the Armed Forces are underestimating his and his allies' capabilities, and they sometimes call us overreacting and don't have the trust in the military. Yes we have next-generation aircrafts, modern artilleries, and rocket and missile systems but.."

Hyeonju: "But we are not underestimating the enemies' capabilities, and thanks to all of our experiences here we are taught not to underestimate any enemy."

Sir Moore: "Yes that's right."

Hyeonju: "But its now really sounding like a civil war is coming. A civil war which might broke out, and overthrowing an administration through civil division."

Sir Moore: "We hope that this current situation will not reach that point. But we are preparing by any means, to any circumstances."

"Now its more clear why we are dealing about this kind of project.", Hyeonju replying while realizing the real situation.

Kotoko: "But are we not monitoring their activities?"

Sir Moore: "Yes, we are secretly observing and closely monitoring all of the confirmed personalities' actions and activities, but we know that they know we are observing them so we are being extra careful in close monitoring, and they're quite impressive in covering up their activities, if they really have. I believe that they have high-ranking officials inside the government to cover up their activities. We are quite careful in observing them because if not, maybe we are the one who will put our own selves in danger."

Nana: "The military is too confident with their capabilities."

Sir Moore: "They don't make impressive innovations and upgrades in the military technology, and the enemy might outpace them, if this will continue."

Elisia: "But why us? Why have you chosen us?"

Sir Moore: "Because you are the opposite one. You are one of the most impressive researchers in this field of technological innovation."

"Its an honor to serve the country." Elisia said to the chief director thinking that honor is the only thing they can get from the project.

While they are busy talking Yoona whispered something to Hyeonju.

Hyeonju: "Okay excuse me. What profit can we get from this?"

All of them gasped in disbelief about what Hyeonju just have said.

Nana: "How typical of you, Hyeonju! Always thinking about profits."

"We're just being practical here." Hyeonju said it not caring about what Nana just have told her.

"No, no. Its alright. We will give you an enough fund for this project." Sir Edward Moore is not just talking about the project fund but also about the profit they can get.

"CIA had a budget?" Gehlee asked the chief director knowing that the CIA is not receiving enough budget allocation from the government especially for this kind of big research projects.

Sir Moore: "We are seriously betting for this, Ms. Gehlee."

"Okay, we got a deal." Hyeonju is seriously sounding like heartless. "Now, can we proceed to the discussion about this project?"

(..continuation on the next page...)