His Number One [JD]

Dunk has always admired the basketball captain, Joong Archen. Dunk would secretly sneak gifts— Chocolate, drinks and snacks into Joong’s locker.

But one day, as he turns to leave, he sees Joong standing behind him, arms crossed with a mischievous smirk on his lips.

Dunk had just placed a small bag of his favorite snacks in Joong’s locker, his heart racing with the thrill of his secret admiration. He loved how Joong carried himself, exuding confidence as the captain of the basketball team, his tall frame always standing out among their classmates.

As Dunk turned to leave, a sudden shift in the air made him freeze. There, standing behind him with arms crossed and a mischievous smirk playing on his lips, was Joong Archen himself. Dunk's heart dropped into his stomach.

“Caught you red-handed,” Joong said, his voice low and teasing. The smirk on his face was both playful and knowing, as if he had anticipated Dunk’s little acts of kindness all along.

Dunk’s cheeks flushed with embarrassment. “I-I was just… uh…” He stammered, feeling flustered. What could he possibly say to the guy he admired from afar?

Joong stepped closer, his smirk widening. “Just what? Delivering a care package to your favorite basketball player?” He leaned against the locker, blocking Dunk’s path.

Dunk's mind raced, searching for an excuse that didn’t sound completely ridiculous. “It’s just a snack. I thought you might like it,” he finally managed, averting his gaze to the floor.

“Just a snack?” Joong echoed, raising an eyebrow. “You’ve been sneaking these into my locker for weeks now. I didn’t know I had a secret admirer.” There was a teasing lilt to his voice, but Dunk could see a hint of genuine curiosity in Joong’s eyes.

Dunk felt his pulse quicken. “I mean… I just thought you might appreciate them. You work hard, and I thought—”

Joong cut him off with a laugh, the sound rich and warm. “I do appreciate them. In fact, I look forward to them every day. You have a pretty good taste.” He leaned in slightly, lowering his voice conspiratorially. “But you know what would be even better?”

Dunk's heart raced. “What?”

Joong’s smirk transformed into something softer, more sincere. “If you gave them to me in person next time instead of hiding behind the lockers. Maybe we could share them don't you think Doll?”

Dunk's breath hitched in his throat and his ears being red when Joong called him doll. “You want to share snacks? With me?”

“Why not? You're not afraid of me right?, i dont see the harm in it ” Joong shrugged, his demeanor casual, but there was an intensity in his gaze that made Dunk’s heart skip a beat.

“Yeah, I mean… I guess,” Dunk said, feeling a mix of excitement and disbelief. This was more than he ever hoped for. “I can do that.”

“Great. How about tomorrow? I’ll be waiting,” Joong replied, giving Dunk one last teasing smile and a wink before stepping aside and walking down the hall, leaving Dunk standing frozen in place, his mind racing with the possibilities of what tomorrow might bring.

The encounter had been surreal—he’d gone from secretly admiring Joong from a distance to having an actual conversation with him. Sharing snacks? It felt like a dream come true.

The rest of the day passed in a blur as Dunk replayed the moment over and over in his mind. During class, he barely heard the teacher’s lecture, too busy daydreaming about what it would be like to spend time with Joong outside of their usual circles. Would Joong laugh at his jokes? Would they find common interests? The thought made Dunk’s heart flutter.