★ Stunned Persy.

Persephone stood frozen in her doorway, Hades' presence filling the space like an unwelcome storm cloud. Her breath caught in her throat, her hands tightening into fists. She didn't know what to do, what to say. She only knew one thing-she wanted him out. Out of her home, out of her life, out of her thoughts. He had no right to be here, uninvited, unannounced. Especially after everything.

He raised an eyebrow, smirking as if he knew the chaos he was stirring up inside her. "You're not going to say hello?" His voice was smooth, too smooth, like it hadn't been years since they last spoke.

Her heart pounded in her chest, fury and something else-something she didn't want to acknowledge-rising inside her. She took a step back, her voice low and trembling with barely contained emotion. "What are you doing here, Hades?"

He just shrugged, that maddening smirk never leaving his face. "I wanted to check on you. Is that a crime?"

She clenched her jaw, biting back a bitter retort. She could still feel the sting of betrayal from so long ago, still hear the echo of laughter as her heart shattered at Merlin Academy. The memory flooded back, unbidden, dragging her into the past...

[Flashback: Merlin Academy]

Persephone stood on the outskirts of the courtyard, her heart racing as she watched Hades from a distance. His messy blue hair, that cocky smile-it made her stomach flip every time she saw him. She had been crushing on him for what felt like forever, but today was different. Today, she was going to do it. She was going to ask him to the Castle-coming dance.

It wasn't just any dance-it was the biggest event of the year, where everyone dressed up like royalty, and she had imagined herself in a gown, twirling with him under the enchanted stars. Persephone had rehearsed what to say a thousand times in her head. She had even found the courage to walk up to him.

But just as she was about to step forward, she froze. Hades wasn't alone. He was leaning casually against one of the stone columns, and Maleficent, of all people, was with him. Uliana and the rest of the villain kids had formed their usual circle, laughing and joking like they owned the place.

Persephone hesitated, her heart sinking, but she shook off the doubt. She could do this. Hades was different. He wasn't like them. He was-

Her thoughts were cut short as Hades suddenly reached out, his arm sliding around Maleficent's waist. Persephone's stomach dropped.

And then, without warning, he kissed her. Right there, in front of everyone. His lips pressed against Maleficent's as if Persephone didn't even exist, as if she hadn't spent months gathering the courage just to ask him to the dance.

She stood there, stunned, her heart shattering into pieces. The laughter around them grew louder, but all she could hear was the sound of her own heart breaking.

Why not me?

She had asked herself that question every day since.

[Present Day]

Persephone snapped back to the present, her heart still aching from the memory. Her eyes locked with Hades', and all she wanted to do was slam the door in his face.

But before she could say anything, he took a step forward, his voice low and almost... gentle. "You still mad about that?"