Attention

Autumn had never been a fan of physical contact, especially from people she didn't particularly like, however she needed a bit of attention when she isn't feeling at her best. To Winter, she was always affectionate to him, but in her own ways. She prefers words of affirmation or gifts such as flowers or simply just a cup of coffee in the mornings.

On one particular day however, all Autumn needed was a cuddle. She had woken up with a terrible headache, and the parents at work made it worse by the minute. Winter had finished his shift before his wife so he was able to spend a few hours at home by himself. He could easily pick up on how Autumn was feeling, some times easier than others, and he was always able to help her in any way. 

He had decided to wash the few dishes that were left in the sink from the previous night. Out of nowhere, he felt a pair of arms gently hug him around his waist, a floral scent filling the room. "Didn't expect this to be the way you greeted me after work, my love." Winter put the last plate on the drying rack before grabbing his lover's hands. "I missed you today." Autumn whispered, kissing her husband's neck gently. "Are you okay, my love? You're not usually clingy like this." 

Winter slowly turned around to face his wife, and noticed her eyes were slightly red and puffy. "It's been a long day." Autumn said as she put her head on her husband's shoulder. "I feel as though I need a break from everything." Winter had started to get worried now, Autumn never expressed her feelings to him. "What could I do to make you feel better?" Winter kissed his wife's head gently, holding her close. "Would you like to watch a movie, or make something to eat?"

"Could we just cuddle please? I don't want to be alone." Autumn whispered, her words slightly muffled by her man's shoulder. "Of course, I won't leave your side, my love." Winter grabbed his wife's waist and allowed her to jump and wrap her legs around him, her arms now around his neck. He slowly carried her upstairs and helped her change into some comfortable clothes. He gave her one of his hoodies, as he knew she found comfort in his clothes.

The two slowly climbed into bed, Autumn moving herself as close to Winter as possible. She rested her head on his chest, she could faintly hear his heart beating, which seemed to soothe her slightly. Winter started humming her favourite song, Life Eternal by Ghost, while he gently played with her hair. Even though the couple often had intimate moments such as these, this particular moment felt different. It felt special, as if it healed both of them in some way. "I love you Winter." Autumn whispered as she moved her head up to face her lover. 

"I love you too, my sweet." He kissed her softly, making sure she was comfortable. Autumn had always had days such as these, some days were worse than others, but all she needed was her Winter. Soon enough, Autumn was fast asleep in her husband's arms. "Good night, my angel. I love you." He whispered as he kissed her forehead once again.