2: You, Me and Rain

It had been raining so hard, Mustafa decided to ditch his bike at office and take the public transport instead. Sharjeena has always hated it when he rides in the rain and she'll have to tell him the statistics of accidental deaths in such weather.

Getting down from the bus, with his equipment bag over his head, he ran off towards their home, their home, the one they'd rented out deciding to stay away from his ungrateful family, when his eyes landed over the roasted corn seller under a tree.

His mind immediately went to the time when they'd had their second, kind of, date. Well it was a date for him, where he'd truly put himself out for her. Getting two of those corns he made his way to the house. Unlocking the door as he wiped his shoes on the mat, he made his way inside the house, Sharjeena would have a fit if she saw him with dirty shoes inside the tiles house.

" Tum phirse bheeg gaye Mustafa." Came her voice as he tried to tip toe his way silently to their room.
" Baarish hai Sharjeena" he replied sheepishly.
" Aur chhaata tumhe lekar nhin jana hai. Bike chalakar aaye ho?" She asked with concern circling around the kitchen island towards the fridge to grab him a glass of water.
" Bilkul nahin meri maa. Biwi ka khauf ek actual phobia hota hai" he took the glass from her as she raised her brows at him.
" Achcha chalo ab jaakar pehle apne baal sikhao." She pushed him to their bedroom as he laughed his way inside.

Coming out freshly bathed, rubbing his head with a towel, he saw Sharjeena. imersed in her book beside the windowpane. Maybe his steps were too noisy as she tore her eyes away from the very interesting page and looked at him. Putting her book aside she tapped the space beside him but he sat down infront of her on the floor. It's been their thing, he loved looking up to her, deep into his eyes, watching his own happy reflection.

" Iss kitaab main aisa kya hai jo tum itna gaur se padti rehti ho?" He asked.
" Achcha lagta hai logon ke baare main padhkar, unki mohabbat aur uski shiddat samajhne main." She shrugged taking the towel from him.
" Hahaha. Isse dakhal andazi kehte hai waise."
She hit him with a light slap on his arm, " main hamesha se sochti thi ki kya kabhi mujhe aisi mohabbat hogi ya nahin?"
" Toh phir hui?" He asked with a subtle smile but was greeted with a peaceful silence and the soft movements of her hand.

" Waise kal toh tumhara off hoga na?" She asked rubbing his hair with a towel like he was her kid.
" Kyun?" He asked her being confused.
" Mustafaa. Kal hume Jana hai. Bhool gaye?" She asked him
" Main na pehle chai bana deta hoon" he got up nearing the stove as Sharjeena followed.
" Tum hamesha yeh topic nahin avoid kr sakte ho Mustafa." Her voice was a bit loud now.
" Yaar nahin Jana na maine" he turned away refusing to face her.
" Maine hamesha nahin aa sakti tumse milne. Kal tumhe khud mere paas aana hoga." Her voice was softer this time, a slight whisper.

" Tumhe kyun samajh nahin aata ki main nahin kar sakta yeh-" he turned with annoyance but she was gone, like she always have, in the light fog of the rain, " nahin aa sakta tumhare paas wahan. Jaise aana chahta hoon. Tum aane hi nahin deti. " he whispered to a vacant and dark apartment, her book still lying where she left them 3 years ago.