Chapter One

Jade Chambers

I sighed as I watched the movers move the last box out of Jalyza's room, Jalyza is my big sister. She's the oldest of the four of us. She was finally moving, Jackson, her fiance, and her finally closed on the house they wanted. I am happy for her, she engaged and about to pop out that baby any day now.

"You ok?" She asked rubbing her stomach.

"Yeah, it's just bitter sweet." I said.

"I paid the rent up for the rest of the year, you're going to be ok." She smiled.

I smiled and nodded before embracing her in a hug.

"I love you." I said.

"I love your crazy ass too." She sighed.

I smiled before I felt my phone vibrate, I glanced at it and smiled.

Daniel: Hey Beautiful, how are you?

Me:Good and you?

Daniel: I've been ok, work has been stressful so I'm taking a vacation.

Me: Where too?

Daniel: Somewhere hot, going up north to see my family so I probably won't have much of a signal.

Me:Aw, I'll miss you.

Daniel: I'll miss you too, talk later?

Me: Talk later.

Daniel and I have been talking for about a year now, I can still remember the first message he sent me.

A year and a half ago

I groaned as I placed my head on my lap top, fucking writers block was a shit storm, I had just finished unpacking and after partying with my sisters the night before I was tired. I stood up and flopped on my bed before pulling my phone out, I began scrolling through instagram before I got a notification.

"Who the fuck is Daniel?" I mumbled.

I clicked the profile and no followers or pictures, just as I was about to ignore the dm, I noticed the quote he sent me.

Daniel: "The truth is a painful reminder of why I prefer to live amongst the lies" -Tahereh Mafi.

I squinted my eyes and chuckled, I knew that quote like the back of my ass. I've only re read the book series a million of times.

Me:What you know about Shatter me?

Daniel: I enjoy reading.

I chuckled, we talked the entire night about books, me and my background. Months felt like minutes every time I talked to him, I've never been so open with a man let alone a stranger. I grew to like him, but I promised myself I wouldn't cross that bridge with him until we meet.

I knew so little about him but I didn't care, I was comfortable with him letting me in even if it was just a little. He was like my best friend, I could trust him with anything.