Chapter Three

Jade Chambers

I looked at the contract and placed it on my desk, when I first came to Azalea a year ago she offered me a $20,000 advance and 75% of royalties from Chained. Good deal, it was temporary because it was my first project but since the critics loved it she offered me a nice contract to sign with her agency for the next three books.

I heard a knock on the door and sighed before opening it, Jinyoung stood there and smiled.

"What are you doing here?" I asked confused.

"Um I'm here to help with the library, remember?" He asked.

I covered my face and nodded.

"I'm sorry, I completely forgot. Let me grab the keys." I said.

He nodded before I walked away grabbing my car keys, he followed behind me to my car before I pumped the trunk. He grabbed the three cases as I grabbed the bags, I followed behind him before we made it into the house.

"This way." I said.

He nodded before following me to Jalyza's now empty room, he placed the boxes down and huffed.

"Thank you." I chuckled.

"You're welcome, How was your meeting?" He asked.

"Oh it was good, my book printed and I was offered a contract." I said.

"Wow really? that's good...why aren't you excited?" He asked confused.

"How do you know if I'm not excited?" I asked.

"I can tell." He said.

"Well, I'm excited...it just took me so long to write the first one. If I sign this contract I'll be on a deadline...what if I don't meet it? I don't even know what the next book will be about." I sighed.

"Hey, it's ok. How much time did she give you to make a decision?" He asked.

"A month." I said.

"Well, you have a month to think of something." He said.

I shrugged as my phone vibrated, I glanced at it and smiled before I looked at him.

"My packages are here, I'll be back." I said.

He nodded as I walked away, I grabbed my packages from outside before returning to the room. He sat on the floor laying out pieces, I sat in front of him and looked at the instructions.

"What do you need me to do?" I asked.

"Sit there and look pretty." He said.

He looked at me and chuckled before focusing on shelfs, that kind of caught me off guard since he usually doesn't say much. I grabbed my packages and began opening them.

"Look at this cute shit, it's a book nook." I smiled.

"It's cute, is it a specific theme?" He asked.

"It's urban, like you can see the little details of basket ball rims and things you would normally see in a black neighborhood...minus the crackheads." I chuckled.