46-Emma Nelson and Derek

The autumn leaves crunched underfoot as Emma Nelson and Derek Haig walked hand in hand through the park. The crisp air was filled with the scent of pine and the distant laughter of children playing. Emma glanced up at Derek, her heart pounding with a mix of excitement and nerves.

"Derek, there's something I need to tell you," she said, her voice trembling slightly.

Derek stopped walking and turned to face her, concern etched on his face. "What is it, Emma? You look worried."

Emma took a deep breath, trying to steady herself. "I'm not worried, just... nervous. It's big news."

Derek's eyes widened, and he took her hands in his. "Whatever it is, we'll face it together. You know that, right?"

Emma nodded, feeling a surge of love for him. "I know. That's why I wanted to tell you in a special way." She reached into her bag and pulled out a small, wrapped box. "Open it."

Derek took the box, his curiosity piqued. He carefully unwrapped it, revealing a tiny pair of baby shoes. His eyes filled with surprise and joy as he looked up at Emma. "Are you...?"

Emma nodded, tears of happiness streaming down her face. "Yes, Derek. We're going to have a baby."

Derek's face broke into a wide grin, and he pulled her into a tight embrace. "Emma, this is amazing! I can't believe it. We're going to be parents!"

Emma laughed through her tears, feeling a weight lift off her shoulders. "I was so nervous about telling you. I didn't know how you'd react."

Derek pulled back slightly, looking into her eyes. "Emma, this is the best news I've ever heard. I love you so much, and I can't wait to start this new chapter with you."

They stood there for a moment, holding each other, the world around them fading away. The future felt bright and full of promise, and they knew they could face anything as long as they were together.

As they continued their walk through the park, hand in hand, they talked excitedly about their plans for the baby. Names, nursery ideas, and dreams for their growing family filled the air, their hearts overflowing with joy and anticipation.