Perfect Day (After Breaking Dawn)

I DO NOT own these characters they belong to Stephenie Meyer. Nor do I own the story before this one it is just what I think should happen afterwards.

Chapter 1

Renesmee Cullen

It was my 10th birthday today and I was standing in my overly large closet that Alice had made for me. I pulled on my favourite white lace dress and stockings and then I added some gold ballet flats and a thin gold belt to match. Alice would be proud, I laughed out loud. 

I put on some matching makeup and brushed my hair letting my auburn curls sit freely around my face.  I stepped back to look at myself in the floor length mirror on the back wall of my closet and wondered when mum and dad (Bella and Edward) would come in to give my usual birthday hugs.

Once again I stared myself up and down I was 10 and pretty much frozen in the state of an18 year with my accelerated growth I had reached maturity and stopped growing over a year ago about the same time I graduated high school. Though I had a beating heat and blood pumped through my veins I was still immortal. Thanks Edward I thought.

“You’re welcome,” a voice came from behind me. I turned, startled.  There they are Edward and Bella were standing in the door way of my closet. Of course he couldn’t help himself he had to read my mind. “You broke your promise daddy,” I laughed as gave him a hug.  “I’m sorry Ness,” Bella glared at him. “Err Renesmee,” he corrected himself. Even after 10 years she still hated my nickname.  “And you’re right I couldn’t help myself I wanted to know what was going on in your head,”

“Do you want to me to shield you?” asked Bella

“Please,” I laughed as I wrapped my arms around her in a hug.

“10 whole years,” she whispered “can you believe it?”

“No, not by looking at her,” Dad teased

“Shut up!” I said as I mock punched his arm. He just laughed at me. I felt my cheeks burning as if I could ever hurt him even if I tried. Then I was glad Bella was shielding me because I knew thinking that would just make him laugh more.

Suddenly Edward’s head snapped up, “Jacob,” he mumbled. I pushed past them and ran to my bedroom door and opened it before Jacob even had a chance to knock. He stood there confused for a moment then said “oh Edward.”

I giggled as I flung my arms around him and hugged him tightly, as if I hadn’t seen him for a while but I only saw him last night as he lived with us Cullen’s here in New Hampshire where we were going to be attending college next year.  

We walked down the 4 flights of stairs to the main floor of the house. It was very much like the “white house” as I called it, back in Forks. Bella and Edward followed. Jacob led me to the couch where everybody was waiting for us. As we entered the room I was bombarded with happy birthdays and hugs. I looked around the room; Alice had really out done herself this time. There were pink, black and purple streamers and balloons placed all around the room. There we two big tables in the room one was full of presents the other was full of food, not that we needed much it was only Jacob and I who ate.

After all the hugging was done I attempted to open all of presents. There were piles upon piles of clothes and shoes to add to my already full to bursting closet. There was everything from electronics to books. Everything I could ever dream of was there in front of me. Money was no object to our family which made me truly the luckiest girl in the world. Jacob squeezed my hand “can I give you my present now?”

“Sure.”

He handed me a white box with gold ribbon on it. “It matches your outfit,” he smiled. I smiled back and removed the ribbon. I opened the box and when I saw what it was I nearly dropped it in shock. “Oh my God you remembered?” I said my voice almost a whisper. Jake smiled “how could I forget?” Inside the box was a beautiful antique Cameo broach that we had seen in a shop window a few months ago.  It had a black background and a gold frame embossed with diamonds around the edge.

I was speechless absolutely speechless. He stared at me expectantly like he wanted to know if I liked it but I couldn’t get the words out so I reached out and touched his face and showed how much I loved it and how much I loved him. “I love you too Nessie,” he hugged me and I hugged him back.

“Do you want to see your surprise now,” Edward said pulling me out of my thoughts and back to reality. “Um sure,” I sighed not sure if I was able to take more.  “Come on then.”

We followed Him and mum along with everyone else out to the front driveway and there it was. It was big. It was black. It was sleek. It was beautiful. It had a big gold bow. It was a Range Rover and it was mine. I ran my fingers over the sleek lines of the car’s bonnet once again I was speechless. I ran to my parents and threw my arms around them. “You got me a car!” I practically screamed.

“Well we thought you would need one for college next year,” replied Bella. “You know instead of using your fathers old Volvo.”

I heard the murmurs of my family behind me but right then all I cared about was my car. “Can I take it for a ride?”

“Sure sweetie,”

“Jake you want to come?” but he didn’t have to answer, he was already in the car.