Chapter 3 Oxygen

Chapter 3

We were being led across the white hallway with Jessica and the other Atlantean leading the way. It was hard seeing where we were headed because the walls were all pure white that you feel confined; but you're not. It was just the illusion coming off of the walls.

Following the Atlanteans to who knows where this hallway leads to, I could see grim faces and looks of uncertainty on the survivors face. I couldn't blame them. Following strangers in strange places was bound to get messed up. I wouldn't even be surprised if I mirror the same expressions as them.

Rachel isn't walking with us. I don't know where she went, but as soon as we both agreed to come with them, two of the Atlateans trudge over us and carefully carried Rachel off. When they saw that she could barely walk on her own, one of them brought out a rod from his belt.He press the other end of the it and it suddenly broke apart in two and created a thin blue glass in the middle that hovered in the air.They laid her on the glass bed before they carried her away to another door like a futuristic stretcher.

We suddenly came to a stop. I looked up to see that we were now at the end of the hallway and a white wall stood in front of us. There was no door attached to it making me wonder if we happen to walked in the wrong way. Jessica moved forward and placed a hand on the wall. Once she did, a faint blue light shone over like it was scanning her hand.A second later and the wall started to part like it was dust particles blowing sideways.

As soon as the dust cleared, it revealed another room that made me took a step back, but I wasn't able to go far since they started to usher us in. The uncertainty and freaked out level among the crowd just grew when we took in the interior of it. It especially grew when the door that seemed to vanish into dust suddenly built up again and sealing us in.

No way out.

Some of you may be wondering what was in the room that horrified us. Well, for starters, there are large human tubes around the room with freaky people dressed like surgeons standing beside them as they studied us curiously. Then you can see a table beside it with blades and needles. Sealing the tubs at the top is a round base with tubes and wirings attached to it that leads up towards the ceiling. Drapes hung on racks surrounded each human tubes.

"Each of you will step into a pod." Jessica spoke. "You cannot enter the city polluted with earth air prone to disease. One of the Meds shall assists you individually into one. Follow their instructions."

No one dared to ask and no one dared to protest when the people dressed up like surgeons approached them and lead them to a pod. One approached me and gestured for me to follow. I followed her and was lead to one of the pods. As soon as I stood there, she drew the curtains closed and encasing us in a small curtains space.

She turned her attention back to me. "Name."

"Nathalia Trayce."

"Strip."She said.

"What?"

"Strip."She said again. Harder this time. "Your clothes are exposed to harmful chemicals from the surface."

My eyes suddenly went to the metal side table beside her and focused on the little knifes and needles on it. I shivered and quickly stripped out of my clothes until I was only wearing my underwear.

"Take them off too." She said and gestured for my underwear.

I hesitated but didn't argue this time and took off my underwear until I was standing there naked. I suddenly felt embarrassed and used my hands to cover my body and frowned at the woman. She rolled her eyes headed in my direction. She went pass me towards the pod/human tube and pressed a button on it. It slid open. "Get in." She told me.