Chapter 1 Turbulence

Chapter 1

As soon as I heard of my father's disappearance, I almost went nuts trying to convince my aunt Josephine to let me go to Japan. I was in a miserable state that I didn't thought of what I was doing or asking. All I cared about that time was to look for my father.

I couldn't accept the fact that my father was gone. No, I wasn't in denial either. I know - or at least hope - that my father is alive. Somewhere. And I'm going to find him and bring him back home.

I had been begging her aunt for months now. Trying to be a good girl and getting on her good side in hopes that my aunt would trust me to finally let me go, but no. She was too stubborn. But on my 19th birthday, my aunt finally let me go.

I had mixed feelings about the news. At first, I was happy that my aunt finally let me go, excited that I can finally go and look for my father. But despite all of that excitement, I was nervous for what I might find out on my trip. I know very well that my luck totally sucks. It's as if when God showered luck around the world, I was on my bed dead asleep with drool dripping from my mouth.

After getting permission from my aunt, I immediately booked a flight to Japan. A flight that is about to leave two hours from now.

I was currently wrestling with my suitcase, trying to zip it close. All of the things I bought for the last week tossed messily in the suit case. "Come on!" I grunted and sat on it. Putting my weight on the damn thing.

Of all the things I hate about traveling, its packing.

With one final push, I was able to zip it all up. I fell on the floor and let out a breath of relief. Finally, done at last.

My door suddenly opened and my aunt came in. She's a slim woman with an amazing figure despite her age. Her blonde hair tied into a tight bun as it showed off her pale and smooth neck. She looked at she with her cerulean eyes giving me a scrutinizing look. "Nathalia, are you ready? The flight is in a couple of hours. We should probably get going."

I beamed at her. "I'm ready." I said and got up. I grabbed my carry on bad and swung it over my shoulder before grabbing my suitcase. I looked at my aunt again to show her I was ready.

"About time." My aunt said, motioning for me to follow before leaving. I started to follow her when I happen to pass by my mirror. I stopped to look at my reflection. I am not exactly what you would say a normal looking girl. Sure my light brown hair is very plain looking but add in my purple eyes and it would really draw some attention. Especially when you have white strands of hair framing your face like mine. My father told me that it was what made me unique and he told me that it was one of my beautiful features and one that would make me easily recognizable.

Absent mindedly, I touched my hair and remembered how father used to play with it. He and I were very close since I lost my mother before I could even remember.

Shaking off the memory I grabbed my stuff and left my room.

***

We arrived early at the airport so we took our seats as we waited for my flight. "Nat, I'm gonna go and grab you a bite to eat." Aunt said. She got up from her seat and took her wallet with her.

"No, aunt Josephine, I'm alright." I said and gave her a reassuring smile. "I'm not hungry. Really." I insisted. I was feeling really embarrassed and grateful for all she has done for me so far. She cared for me like a mother would. Fed me and took me in after my father's said disappearance. She even paid for my flight and the new clothes in my suitcase. What she has done for me was already enough and I don't want her to spend another penny for me and my silly escapade.