Chapter 1

Long before tike had a name, the Ars Goetia reigned across the realm of Vyranthos. Their malevolent whispers seeped through the fabric of existence, corrupting all they touched. Then a crystal dragon appeared in the the skies above the jungle temple of Teotul, its scales shimmering with the power of creation. It spoke in a voice that echoed through the ages, promising protection to those who swore an oath to uphold the balance between light and dark.

The dragon was sent by God to maintain balance in the world, and in its wake, it left two guardians: Epidote and Piemontite. These legendary beasts watched over the dwarven city of Runekeep, a bastion of technology and magic that grew around the very crystal from which they were born. For millennia, the dragons remained steadfast, ensuring the Ars Goetia remained banished. But whispers grew into shouts, and the tremors of a distant battle shook the city's foundations.

Mortilda Ragnagild, a solitary dwarf paladin with skin as dark as the deepest ore, feels the tremors resonate through the very core of the ancient city of Runekeep. Her heart pounds in her chest as the cobblestone streets tremblesbeneath her booted feet. The air grows thick with the scent of ozone, hinting at the arcane power at play. The dragons have sent for her—their sacred bond demanding her attention. She musters her strength and sprints towards the city's highest peak, where the dragons' crystalline lair pierces the heavens.

As she ascends the winding path, her thoughts are a whirlwind of doubt and determination. What could have happened to disturb the eternal slumber of the guardians? Her palms sweat around the handle of her divine war scythe, the weapon that had been passed down through generations of her lineage, now entrusted to her as the last hope against the looming shadows. The city's lights dim as she reaches the summit, the dragons' lair casting a long shadow over the landscape

"Mortilda," calls Epidote, "daughter of a shepherdess of the stars, the time has come to fulfill your legacy." The dragon's voice, a symphony of whispers and gusts, fills the chamber as the crystalline walls pulse with a gentle blue light. Piemontite, his scales a rich green, nods solemnly.

Mortilda, knees trembling, approaches the dragons, her eyes drawn to the glowing crystal between them. "What troubles you, my guardians?" she asks, her voice steady despite her racing heart.

"The Ars Goetia stirs," Epidote says gravely. "Their seal weakens, and soon they will flood forth to claim what was once theirs. We require your valor, Paladin, to prevent the world's descent into chaos."

Mortilda nods. "I will protect this world," she says, "in the name ilof both God and the Crystal Dragon."

The dragons' eyes light up with approval. Piemontite speaks next, "You must not face this alone. Gather allies of valor and light. They will be found when the stars align with the crystal veins beneath the city."

Meanwhile, in the bustling streets below, the whispers of fate weave together the threads of destiny for four unlikely heroes. Octavia McAilein, a human swordsman with skin kissed by the desert sun, sharpens her massive zweihänder, ready for any challenge that the night may bring. Luna and Mara Shinozaki, elven twins with contrasting combat styles and temperaments, spar in the moonlit alleyways of Runekeep, their shadows dancing with the flicker of neon lights. Luna, the gunner, with lavender hair and tan skin, wields her revolver with a grace that belies her fiery spirit. Mara, the kunoichi with fiery red hair and pale skin, is a silent specter in the shadows, her katana whispering through the air.

In a quiet corner of the city, their younger sister Ruri Shinozaki sits by a small pond, her dark blue hair reflecting the stars above. Despite her cheerful demeanor, a tinge of sadness lingers in her eyes as she practices her water and ice magic, feeling the coolness of the night seep into her soul. Her spells are a gentle caress upon the surface of the water, hinting at the power that lies dormant within her.