CHAPTER 8 : MOMENT

“Shalu you see the things here I will see him”, Lakshmi informed her.

“Dii I want to see your new boss”, Shalu is excited to meet him and also to have fun with her sister.

“Focus on your work aur woh dekhne mein bhi itna acha nahi hai”, she said with irritation.

(And it's not that good to look at.)

Then she moved out from their stall and at the entrance of the fair. She meets almost everyone from the village asking about her help and how is everyone in the family and also to come and buy their product which they have handmade. She stopped at the bangle shop which is at the entrance and started looking at the items while waiting for Rishi.

“Are beta kuch accha lage toh lete Jana yeh dekho yeh aapke iss saaree pe accha lagega, yeh lelo”, one of the shopkeepers said to Lakshmi and forward the yellow glass bangle to her. She took the bangle from him and saw it.

(See this child, if you like something then take it, and look this will look good on this saree of yours, take it.)

“Yes it is good, but not that good”, Lakshmi said looking at something else but she found a hand holding hers and a voice heard near her ears.

“Aapne sahi kaha ke inke haathon mein yeh aur bhi Sundar ho jayegi”.

(You are right, it will become even more beautiful in their hands.)

Rishi takes the bangle from her hand and holding her hand he makes it wear her. Lakshmi looks at him and the things she felt for a second, she didn't even react to anything he did, she is looking at him lost in her thoughts. After making her wear the bangle he pays for the bangles and after that he looks at Lakshmi and asks.

“Chale”.  (let's go)

She came out from her trance and started walking ahead leaving him behind to come.

Rishi smirks looking at her, confused, walking away from him. When he came to the entrance of the ground he stopped in his tracks looking at her. The saree matches her skin tone perfectly, as she lazly puts her pallu on her shoulder and half of her waist is visible to his eyes. She put her hair open touching her hip, small earring on her ear kissing her cheeks as she looked around and small strands of her hair coming and blocking his view. He subconsciously moves towards behind her and holds her hand. The voice of the shopkeeper stops his thoughts there but he continues with his act and makes her wear the bangle.

“ Yeh kya harkat hai Lakshmi aise kon karta hai par unhe kuch samajh mein bhi nhi aata hai…woh aise kaise kar sakte hai sab kya sochenge unme dimag nahi hai kya…kaise hoga dimag usmein toh Paisa Paisa bhara huya hai na”, Lakshmi mumbling herself and walking without even nothing that Rishi is behind her or not.

(What is this act Laxmi, does anyone do this, they don't even understand anything...how can they do this, what will everyone think, don't they have any brains...how will it happen, their brains are full of money, right.)

But she stop suddenly and look behind and saw that Rishi is coming but was quite far from her and looking at her shop.

“Lakshmi you have given him company and not to run away”, she slap her head and walked towards him.

When Rishi saw her coming towards him, he ask, “what happen you finally remember that you are not alone in this and I am with you and also follow your boss instructions otherwise when he got to know that you left me alone in his fair then you know what will happen, I hope you remember?”, he smirks at her and walks ahead.

“And I was worried for him”, Lakshmi glared at him.

They explore various shops that sell different types of things, some have hand made bags for women with vibrant color and beautiful designs, some of them have beautiful designs earrings and bangles and even the foot wear for men even. During the journey back to their stall, Lakshmi meets a few of the villagers and talks with her and gives a silent eye to Rishi being beside Lakshmi, but Rishi was not affected by it but Lakshmi’s case was different. She was not never seen by any boy beside her or even talking, they all saw her studying and working hard for her job. As she talks with the villagers Rishi was observing the way she talks with them and respecting them even though the question was a bit awkward for them. But Rishi didn't mind and waited for her to finish her talk with them.