Chapter 17

Chan rubs his face with his hands as he watches the 8 boys in front of him, yes 8. With Jisung having made a mini version of himself and Min-Jae, there were now 8 teenagers sitting in his garden. Luckily he was able to convince Felix that having Chenle over today, wasn't a good idea. The fact that it is a blue full moon, is not helping him at all. Minho is still out in the forest with his family, leaving Chan to deal with everyone. He is glad Brian and Haru are helping out a little, as he wouldn't have known how to do this on his own.

"They're all behaving well." Brian chuckles, sitting down next to Chan.

The vampire sighs. "I guess. It's better now that Haru made them play a game, none of them could lose."

Brian hums, sipping his coffee. "Yeah, you're kids are way too competitive."

"Not my fault."

The witch raises an eyebrow. "Oh really? Because I'm sure I remember you and Sungjin racing every now and then to make sure you were still faster back in the 70's."

Chan glares at Brian. "That's- like 40 years ago."

Brian chuckles, shaking his head. "They're literally your kids at this point, especially Changbin and Jisung."

The vampire sighs. "I guess so."

"HYUNG!"

Chan shoots up, quickly running over to where the boys are sitting by the pond. "What's wrong?"

Hyunjin looks up, holding a crying Sungie in his arms. "He just started crying." He pouts, rubbing the younger boy's back.

The vampire frowns, carefully lifting Sungie out of Hyunjin's arms, and bounces the boy like he does when Jisung is upset or scared.

Sungie quickly clings to the older, crying his little heart out.

"Did something happen?" Chan looks around the group of boys, noticing that Changbin and Min-Jae are no longer with them and that Jisung moved away from them a little.

Felix shakes his head. "Not really, we were just showing him the pond. Cause we know how much Jisung likes it."

Chan sighs. "Okay, then it makes sense."

Seungmin frowns. "How so? Jisung loves it."

"Yeah, he does now that he knows how to swim and that it is safe."

"He didn't know how to swim at 11?" Hyunjin looks at Chan confused. "The pond has always been here?"

Chan hums, continuing to bounce Sungie. "He didn't, they never taught him at the school he went to. We taught him after Changbin came to live here, very slowly."

Jeongin pouts. "His dad sucked." He mutters.

Chan chuckles. "He did, but why don't you guys go back to the game Haru gave you while I take Sungie with me?"

"Jisung quit." Seungmin gets up from the ground. "And we need an uneven number."

Felix and Jeongin both nod their heads as they get up as well.

"Oh, maybe go play soccer?"

"Ooh yes." Hyunjin quickly gets up, running to the soccer ball that had been abandoned earlier on in the day. The other three quickly follow him to play.

Chan sighs, looking over at Jisung. The boy seems to be content, probably having needed a break from having people surrounding him. He decides to walk back to Brian, feeling Sungie fall asleep in his arms.

"The potion is ready." Brian looks at Chan, holding a small bottle with a purple liquid in it.