🌸Chapter 4: Another Year Older

Sakura and Nagato had just arrived in Konoha, a few days before Itachi's birthday. The rest of the Ame group had arrived days earlier, but Sakura had surgeries she had to be at the hospital for. It was a strenuous last few days before their trip, so they were both happy to be able to relax.

Sakura and Nagato's first stop were Sakura's apartment, which Tsunade gladly kept open for Sakura when she visited. Unpacking didn't take long for the two and they both gladly sat down on the couch. They took their time on the trek to Konoha, opting to walk instead of run, making the trip three days instead of just one and a half. Being alone for so long was nice, but they both missed having cushions to sink into instead of just their thin bedrolls at night.

Of course, their relaxation had to be cut short as there was a knock on the door and lots of talking outside the home. Sakura debated on answering, but as the knocking became more incessant, she gave in and got up to find everyone at the door, the entire Akatsuki and the Konoha 12 and Sai.

"What's the occasion?" Nagato asked as he looked over Sakura's shoulder to everyone.

They all grinned and Sakura had a foreboding feeling in her stomach. She laughed nervously and before she could shut the door the guys grabbed Nagato, and the girls grabbed Sakura.

"To the hot springs!" they yelled.

Nagato and Sakura got one last fleeting look at each other before they were pulled away.

"So much for spending time together," Sakura yelled with a laugh.

"Oh well!" Nagato yelled back.

🌸

Nagato couldn't even hear himself think over the banter between all of the guys in the hot spring. It was fun having everyone together, no doubt about that, but he'd rather it be more organized.

"What do you think, Nagato?" a voice asked over all the back and forth.

Nagato hummed and looked at Shikamaru and Chouji, the former asking the question.

"What do I think of what?" Nagato asked. "I'm sorry if I spaced out."

Shikamaru laughed and waved his hand.

"No problem there!" Chouji laughed with his best friend.

"Chouji wanted to know if you had any idea how long you guys were going to stay," Shikamaru repeated. "Also, what you thought of the Star festival happening in Konoha here in the next month."

"Star festival?" Nagato asked.

"I haven't gone to a festival in ages!" Yahiko chimed in.

"That's 'cause you're a workaholic even now!" Hidan said as he messed up Yahiko's hair.

Everyone laughed as Yahiko blushed in embarrassment and Nagato thought about the festival. It would be a perfect place to do a little plan he'd been working on. He smiled brightly and looked around at the rowdy bunch he called friends.

"Sounds like we're staying longer," he said happily.

Everyone cheered.

Over on the girls' side, they weren't paying any attention to the guys and their muffled, though still loud, voices.

"So, what's happened lately for you Sakura?" Hinata asked as she rubbed her baby bump.

Sakura smiled at the woman and shrugged as the other women listened intently.

"Nothing much has happened out of the ordinary," Sakura said with a bored tone of voice.

"Is anything ordinary with you?" Karin said with a smile.