NEMESIS

ELSEWHERE-IN THE VOID

In the emptiness of the void, time stretched infinitely. For three years, Nemesis had drifted through an abyss of shadows, his essence trapped in a prison of his own making. It felt like eternity—an endless expanse of darkness where nothing lived, and yet, something inside him simmered, a hunger that clawed at the edges of his consciousness.

He drifted, torn between despair and fury, his thoughts echoing like whispers in the dark. Memories of the temple, of the energy he had absorbed, surged through him. The power had been overwhelming, intoxicating, but it had come at a cost. The moment he had tasted it, he was consumed by it, and in his hubris, he had been cast into this forsaken void.

But now, something shifted within him. A spark ignited, and he became aware of his surroundings, of the pulse of energy that resonated through the emptiness. It was subtle at first, a mere flicker against the void, but it grew stronger, a beacon that beckoned him.

"Wake the fuck up," he growled, his voice a low rumble that reverberated through the nothingness. "You're not done yet."

With a force that rippled through the darkness, he reached for the energy that thrummed just out of reach. It felt familiar, almost like the remnants of the power he had absorbed years ago. He focused, pulling it toward him, feeling it swirl around him like a vortex.

In an instant, the void erupted into blinding light, a kaleidoscope of colors that shattered the oppressive darkness. Nemesis screamed, the sound a mix of rage and triumph, as the energy flooded into him, coursing through his veins. It was unlike anything he had experienced before—a chaotic blend of power that surged within him, transforming him yet again.

As the light dimmed, he found himself standing in a strange realm. The landscape twisted and contorted, a chaotic mix of reality and nightmare. He was no longer just a man; he was a being of darkness and energy, a force of destruction ready to reclaim his place in the world.

"Benji..." he whispered, the name a promise, a threat. The boy had dared to challenge him, to take a stand. But now, the tides had turned. Nemesis could feel the remnants of his power pulsing, growing stronger by the second. He was ready for revenge.

With a flick of his wrist, he summoned shadows that coiled around him like living serpents. They writhed and twisted, hungry for chaos. He could feel the world outside—the city of Tokyo pulsing with life, ripe for the taking.

"It's time to remind them who the real monster is," he muttered, a cruel smile curling his lips.

He focused his energy, his newfound powers coalescing around him like a dark storm. The shadows thickened, swirling in anticipation as he prepared to break free of the void's confines.

With a roar that shook the very fabric of his being, he unleashed a wave of energy, a surge that shattered the remnants of his prison. The void fractured, and as the shards of darkness scattered, he felt himself pulled toward the light of the world outside.

In a flash, he was gone, the shadows trailing behind him like a dark cloak. Tokyo awaited, oblivious to the storm that was about to descend upon it.

And as he stepped into the city, a sense of exhilaration washed over him. He was alive, reborn, and ready to unleash his wrath on those who had dared to defy him. The game had changed, and this time, he would play to win.