3

Even though my head shouted no, my body already laid firmly on the bed.

Besides, there was no ‘original novel’ that I could refer to as what I should do because I was just an extra who appeared briefly at the end of my life. To be honest, I wasn’t even certain if the Empress who was there when Raniero met Seraphina was ‘Angelica’ or not… It was because the name of the empress did not appear in the novel.

Could it be that Angelica died soon after she got married, and the Empress in the original was someone else? The fifth Empress or something like that?

It was quite possible.

As I thought so, I sat down and glanced at Raniero, who was exhaling his breath and lowering his gaze.

‘What if he kills me because my dress is so layered that it’s boring to take off…’

It may seem like I might be overreacting, but anyone in this situation would be like me. For the first night of a young man and woman, it wasn’t a strange atmosphere either. I could see myself trembling in the reflection from Raniero’s eyes… At first glance, rather than lust or desire, his eyes were shining like a cat playing with a mouse it had caught.

“Why are you shaking like this?”

“W-wouldn’t it be normal for the bride to be nervous on the first night…”

“You keep stuttering. Is this also because of the chronic disease?”

…No, it’s not!

Even though I almost jumped and denied his words, I froze. I was really glad that I didn’t react to his words. Nevertheless, nothing else was too fortunate as Raniero’s hand reached under my back the next moment.

It was to untie the ribbon that tied my dress.

That act caused my center of gravity to shift behind me as I was being pulled backward slightly, causing my body to fall back slowly. Unknowingly, I involuntarily grabbed his shoulder as I tried not to fall backward.

“I-’m sorry. How dare I touch Your Majesty’s body…”

Raniero doesn’t like anyone touching his body recklessly… No, he really despises it.

I quickly removed my hand and bowed my head low. At the same time, I couldn’t help but hope that he would say, ‘You’ve ruined my fun,’ and leave. Even so, I’m not an idiot either, so I think I could guess how this would be going…

‘In the first place, I have no confidence to satisfy this person.’

Even though Raniero took a lot of women in the original book, he did not experience any pleasure in relationships with any of them other than Seraphina. That was not all… Having unsatisfactory relationships, his mood continually went down, this meant that he would be more difficult to please than usual. Angelica may have learned a little bit about ‘that skill’ before she got married, however…