8

When he deliberately made the sound of his footsteps, he could see the Empress’s shoulders twitching with each step closer.

‘It’s amazing.’

As Raniero reached out towards the Empress’s hair, Immediately, her lips trembled involuntarily. It was because of fear. In the first place, she was essentially a different person from him—insignificant and timid.

‘But… how does she understand me so well?’

He thought that if someone could understand him, it would be someone like himself. And, Raniero was determined that if he met his kind, he would never miss it.

After all, it would be fun just to talk to someone like himself.

However, the woman in front of him was too weak and humble to be his own kind. Rather than intense aspirations, she merely aroused lukewarm interest. She was a woman who had never deviated from a ‘normal life’ and never suffered from ‘extraordinary impulses.’ And yet… she doesn’t make mistakes and sometimes even says the right thing…

…As if she knew what he was like.

How could a woman who had met him for just one day do such a thing? Even Marquis Jacques, who has been serving the Imperial Family for a long time, also had an absurd misunderstanding about the Emperor…

That paradox alone was just a little tempting.

In most cases, while thinking was boring, finding an answer to this question doesn’t seem too bad…

“You. Raise your head.”

At those words, the cheeks and soft lips that were as white as a piece of white bread came to view as the Empress raised her head. The emotion on the surface in her eyes, Raniero could know through the instinctive insight of the predators.

She was terrified.

It felt good because it seemed to prove his absoluteness. Even though he wondered how she understood him, the Emperor, who had no intention of understanding the real Empress, peered through her pale pink hair.

‘I don’t need to know the details of what’s going on in her tiny head.’

It was because trying to understand ordinary people was tedious and useless.

The next moment, his thumb lightly brushed the fluff on her cheek. At that action, her backbone shooked lightly as the calm excitement was brought on to him by the fear that she revealed.

Raniero Actilus does not shy away from impulse.

He wet the Empress’s lips.

゚· : * ✧ * :· ゚