34

As his face was incredibly close, I could feel his breath right under my nose, so I couldn’t help but avert my gaze and lower my eyes.

“…Do it Your Majesty’s way.”

He had real power, so it didn’t matter. Though on the contrary, all I had was a fragile illusion.

‘I’m in a position to reign over.’

That was what Raniero said, but…

Turning my head back slightly and gazing at him, I could remember clearly. He sat me down on the throne and enjoyed it. Still, I couldn’t be on the same line with him forever. I understood and knew my position the most acutely.

My personality wasn’t even bold enough to brag, so I needed armor to protect me—the armor called information. Besides, I wasn’t going to be within his influence forever because I’d be running away before I ever became his winter prey.

…Even then, I need to study for that time.

When I glanced at Duke Nerma’s notebook that he had left on the floor, Raniero, who saw where my gaze was directed, shook his head slightly and brought his lips close to my ear.

“Why can’t you use my methods?”

His cool lips grazed my ear.

“I’m the only one who knows that you’re so weak.”

His tone sounded like he was very satisfied.

Somehow, my spine shivered and my body stiffened with a slight strain. Even though Raniero moved a little further away from me, that didn’t ease my tension. With his hands wrapped around my cheeks, he stroked my eyes with his thumb, keeping me from turning my head away.

“And, if you really want to make armor, learn to control your expressions instead of memorizing the names of nobles and trivial information.”

…This was a point that was too poignant. I had a personality where my thoughts were written visibly on my face.

I mumbled.

“Perhaps, God Actilla also gave Your Majesty the privilege of reading people’s minds…”

“You’re just too easy to understand.”

While I was about to say, ‘Still, Your Majesty is too specific,’ I only bit my lips and held those words back. Let’s engrave it again. Words such as ‘but,’ ‘still’ and ‘even so’ were forbidden words, and it meant that Raniero’s words must be absolutely correct.

Thanks to the Emperor’s personal visit, my stress was slightly rising again.

The next moment, I glanced at the table with resentful eyes… well, it was too arrogant actually to look at Raniero with such eyes while still biting my lips. Though in front of me, I could hear a sudden chuckle that seemed to be saying, ‘easy to understand.’