Chapter 2: A New World

⋆。‧˚ʚ♡ɞ˚‧。⋆(𝘼.𝙉: 𝙒𝙝𝙤 𝙙𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙠 𝙞𝙨 𝙆𝙖𝙩𝙖𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙖'𝙨 𝙜𝙤𝙙𝙡𝙮 𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙚𝙣𝙩?𝘾𝙡𝙪𝙚, 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙬𝙤𝙢𝙖𝙣 𝙞𝙨 𝙖 𝙗𝙖𝙙𝙖𝙨𝙨. 𝘼𝙣𝙬, 𝙄 𝙝𝙤𝙥𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙚𝙣𝙟𝙤𝙮 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙣𝙚𝙬 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧. 𝙃𝙖𝙥𝙥𝙥𝙮 𝙍𝙚𝙖𝙙𝙞𝙣𝙜.)⋆。‧˚ʚ♡ɞ˚‧。⋆

)⋆。‧˚ʚ♡ɞ˚‧。⋆

✶⋆.˚꩜ .ᐟ˙⋆✶

Katarina followed Luke across the expansive camp, her footsteps quieter than her racing thoughts. Camp Half-Blood sprawled out before her like something from a dream, a mix of ancient history and everyday life. Everywhere she looked, demigods moved with a purpose—training with swords, practicing archery, even casually chatting in groups. The place felt alive with energy, and yet, Katarina felt like an outsider. A visitor in a world she didn't belong to.

Luke walked beside her with a natural ease, pointing things out as they passed. "That's the arena where we train in combat," he said, gesturing to a large circular structure where a group of campers was practicing sword fighting. "You'll get used to it soon. Combat training's a daily thing here."

Katarina nodded, though the idea of fighting still felt foreign to her. She hadn't grown up with any of this. No sword fights, no magic, no gods. Just her grandmother's quiet home and the life she had been forced to leave behind.

Luke glanced at her, reading the uncertainty on her face. "I know it's a lot to take in," he said, his voice gentle. "But you'll find your place here. Everyone does."

They continued walking, the tour taking them past a shimmering lake where a few demigods were racing canoes, and a climbing wall that looked like it was spewing fire and shaking as if it had a mind of its own.

Katarina's eyes widened at the sight. "Does that... thing move?"

Luke chuckled. "Yeah, it's a living nightmare, but it's great for training. Builds strength and reflexes. Plus, it's kinda fun once you get the hang of it."

"Fun," Katarina repeated, unsure if she could ever think of something like that as fun.

As they made their way toward a forest lined with tall pine trees, Luke's expression softened. "Look, I know you're still processing everything. Finding out you're a demigod... it's not exactly easy. But your godly parent will claim you, Kat. It might not happen right away, but it will. You'll find out who you are, and things will start to make sense."

Katarina bit her lip, her gaze dropping to the ground. "But what if..." she hesitated, then blurted out the thought that had been nagging at her. "What if my parent isn't one of the twelve Olympian gods? Where would I stay then?"

Luke paused mid-step and turned to face her. His blue eyes, sharp and intelligent, softened with understanding. He took a deep breath, considering her question carefully. "It's true," he said slowly, "that not all demigods are children of the Olympian Twelve. There are other gods—lesser-known ones. Sometimes, their children don't get cabins because... well, they don't have the same status as the Olympians."