Chapter 18: A Picnic with Purpose

ྀི ₊(𝙄𝙢𝙖𝙜𝙚: 𝙄𝙢𝙖𝙜𝙞𝙣𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙥𝙞𝙘𝙣𝙞𝙘 𝙨𝙚𝙩-𝙪𝙥 𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙠𝙨 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚.)

*ੈ‧₊˚*ੈ‧₊˚

After training, Katarina decided to take the advice from her friends. Today was the day she'd put their tips into action, and she was determined to make it special.

She quickly got dressed. As she looked in the mirror, she felt a surge of confidence. This was her chance to show Luke a different side of herself.

Next, she turned to her magic. With a few whispered words and a flick of her wrist, her raven black hair fell into perfect curls, bouncing gently around her shoulders. It was a look she had never tried before, and she couldn't help but smile at her reflection.

Before heading out, Katarina borrowed a few makeup essentials from Mia's stash—some subtle eyeshadow, a hint of blush, and a touch of lip gloss. She didn't want to overdo it, but just enough to enhance her natural beauty. When she was finished, she felt ready to face the day.

After taking a deep breath, she made her way toward the training arena, where she knew Luke trained all morning. The butterflies in her stomach danced as she approached, her heart pounding in anticipation.

When she finally spotted him, he was practicing with a sword, moving fluidly through his drills. The sight of him, focused and strong, made her heart flutter. This was it.

"Hey, Luke!" she called out, her voice light and playful.

He paused mid-swing, turning to her with a grin that made her stomach flip. "Katarina! Looking good today. What's up?"

"Thanks! I was wondering if you'd like to join me for a picnic at Fireworks Beach?" She felt her cheeks heat up as she spoke, but she held his gaze, trying to project confidence.

"A picnic? Just the two of us?" He raised an eyebrow, clearly surprised but intrigued.

"Yeah! I thought it would be nice to relax and enjoy the view together. Plus, I packed some snacks," she added, her excitement bubbling over.

"Snacks, huh? You know how to win me over," he chuckled, wiping sweat from his forehead. "I'd love to. Just give me a minute to clean up."

Katarina nodded, heart racing with anticipation as she waited for him. She felt a rush of happiness at the thought of spending time alone with him, a chance to flirt and let her feelings shine through.

---

Once Luke was ready, they made their way to the beach, the path lined with colorful wildflowers swaying in the gentle breeze. As they walked, Katarina tried to keep the conversation light, asking about his training, and sharing stories about her own magical practices.

"I've been working on this new spell for archery," she said, her eyes sparkling with enthusiasm. "I think I might be able to combine magic and marksmanship. It could give us an edge in Capture the Flag!"

"Sounds impressive," Luke replied, genuinely interested. "I can't wait to see it in action. You're really coming into your own here."

When they reached Fireworks Beach, Katarina spread out a blanket and unpacked the snacks she had brought—fresh fruit, sandwiches, and even a few cookies. As they sat together, the sound of waves crashing against the shore created a serene backdrop, and the vibrant colors of the sky began to shift as the sun climbed higher.