Chapter 24: Weights of the prophecy and visions.

˗ˏˋ ♡ ˎˊ˗(𝘼.𝙉 : 𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙖 𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮 𝙡𝙤𝙣𝙜 𝙪𝙥𝙙𝙖𝙩𝙚. 𝙄𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙠 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙨 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙨𝙖𝙢𝙚 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙤𝙤𝙠𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙝𝙤𝙬 𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙡, 𝙮𝙚𝙖𝙝 𝙞 𝙗𝙖𝙨𝙚𝙙 𝙞𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙨𝙚 𝙩𝙬𝙤 𝙨𝙠𝙨𝙠𝙨𝙠𝙨𝙠. 𝙃𝙤𝙥𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙚𝙣𝙟𝙤𝙮 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧.)˗ˏˋ ♡ ˎˊ˗

*ੈ✩‧₊˚༺☆༻*ੈ✩‧₊˚

July had slipped away, leaving behind sun-soaked days filled with training and camaraderie. Katarina and Percy dedicated their time to devising new strategies for Capture the Flag, forging alliances with other cabins to keep the banner out of the Ares kids' grasp. Their teamwork paid off, and morale among their allies soared.

Percy, who'd grown in confidence and skill, had finally managed to reach the top of the climbing wall without being scorched by the streams of lava that poured down its sides. He had been pretty proud of himself, until Katarina found out. Her scolding was less about his accomplishment and more about the fact that he could've seriously hurt himself. She had rolled her eyes, arms crossed, as Percy grinned sheepishly.

"Do you even think before you climb that death trap?" Katarina had scolded, though there was a smile tugging at her lips. "Honestly, Percy. Lava is not something you can just shake off."

Percy laughed, rubbing the back of his head. "Hey, I'm getting better though, right?"

"Better at giving me a heart attack," she had muttered, but even she couldn't deny how much Percy had improved.

Meanwhile, Luke and Katarina had started talking again. Slowly at first—tentative conversations here and there—but before long, things had begun to feel like they used to between them. Well, at least on the surface. The entire camp was buzzing with rumors that they were now officially dating, much to the delight of the Aphrodite kids. But even with Luke's familiar smile and their shared moments, something weighed heavily on Katarina's heart. She loved Luke, truly—but her visions... they gnawed at her, refusing to let her rest.

Her resolve strengthened when she noticed a peculiar habit of Percy's. It was subtle at first, but she noticed it—how Percy, whenever they walked past the Big House, would glance up at the attic windows where the Oracle of Delphi resided. At first, she thought nothing of it, but as the pattern continued, her curiosity grew.

One day, after another successful strategy meeting, she finally asked him. "Percy, why do you keep looking up at the attic?"

Percy hesitated, his gaze lingering on the windows again before he turned to her. "I guess... I'm just trying to convince myself that it's over. That the prophecy is done."

Katarina frowned. "What do you mean? You've returned the bolt. You've saved Camp Half-Blood, Percy. What more is there?"

Percy shifted uncomfortably, his expression conflicted. "That's the thing. The prophecy wasn't just about returning the bolt. There were other parts, and two lines... they still bother me." He glanced at the ground, his voice lowering. "You shall be betrayed by one who calls you friend, and you shall fail to save what matters most, in the end. I'm trying to convinve myself that it's already complete but why do I still feel uneasy."