2# KRC

WARNING

The given below content contains mentions of r*pe,abuse, ha*assment, traumatizing content.

Do not read further if uncomfortable.

I never imagined I would need to write about this, but it has indeed become the need of the hour.

Let's finally break the silence and talk about...

THE KOLKATA R*PE CASE

How would you react knowing your happy, independent, wonderful, and beautiful daughter, whom you love so deeply that the mere thought of her absence sends chills down your spine, might not be by your side?

AND THEN you found out that she had been r*ped and m*rdered while she was working!

How would you react to that?

••••

Women's safety in India is a significant concern due to the presence of some LUSTFUL CREATURES who pose a threat to their freedom, leading to situations where women feel like prisoners in their own homes.

Don't wear that, it attracts attention
.
Don't wear skirts
Don't show ur cleavage too much
.
Don't stay out late
.
Don't go there alone
.
Stay with people
.
Be quiet
.
Don't laugh too much
.
Don't chat too much
.
Don't post your images on social media
.
Don't share your contact number
.
Don't talk to male guys
.
Don't make male friends
.
Don't work late
.
Don't look at them
.
Don't talk back

Why are we bound to this?

IS IT A CURSE TO BE BORN AS A WOMAN?

And honestly, even after adhering to 'All societal rules', when incidents occur, it is the woman who is often blamed.

WHY?

Why is our society like this

Why is it always the fault of the victim in such cases? Why does society neglect women?

Are we repaying for crimes committed in our previous lives?
Or are we compensating for the fact that we gave you all life?
Endured the pain for 9 months only to see our sisters being destroyed by you!

●●●

My message To all the aunties out there.

"Dear Aunty,

Instead of telling other young girls to follow the rules of society (mentioned above), you should have told your beloved son how to respect women. Several cases might not have happened.

Instead of seeing what the girls wear to their school/college/workplace, you could've seen what your son watches in his room..that would've helped a lot better.

Instead of expecting the girl to conform to beauty standards, you could have explained to your son that everyone is unique and special in their own way.

Instead of asking the girl to wear decent clothes, you could've told your son to control his lust.

Instead of seeing who the girl speaks to, you could observe whom your son stalks..

Instead of instructing girls to avoid boys, you could teach your son to regard other girls as his equals/sisters.

Just small steps of yours could have prevented such huge mistakes from occurring. Indeed, a child's upbringing from an early age determines whether they will grow up to be a gentleman or a rapist.

I sincerely hope, Aunty, that you understand my words and put them into action.

By doing so, you could prevent a similar incident from occurring, which might occur with you, your daughter or your son's daughter.

Thanks ."

▪︎▪︎▪︎

Written by: MK

Published on: 18th AUGUST 2024 (1:59 AM)

▪︎▪︎▪︎

#Do not copy my work.#