Just the beginning

-Romantic homicide by d4vd

Valerie never opened up about anything before. She never felt the need too, maybe it was because she knew no one would listen. Or maybe they wouldn't care. That's why everything about her is secretive.

But you know what not? Her love for her family.

When growing up in a dark world like this you can slowly learn that family isn't always blood. But the memories and experiences with that person.

She never had that before and she doesn't ever thinks he will. But why would she need to when she has her lovely sibling's

Well sometimes.

"Hey Val, wake up" 

"Come on vaallll"

"Is she alive?"

"Shake her harder"

"Do you not see what I'm doing right now"

They look at each other in understanding and nod.

"Valerie wake up!" Both Lizzy and Mika shouted in union.

I lifted my head slowly in confusion wiping the hair out of my face. "Um good morning to you too I guess. Whats wrong?"

Lizzy smiles and sits next to Val who sits up in her bed. "Me and Mika want to go outside and play together but we don't want to go without you"

I get up from my bed and start putting my hair in a braid. Normally I would have just let out a dramatic groan and went back to sleep but I know how stubborn my sibling are.

"Okay let's head out, does dad know we're going outside?

Lizzy looks up. "He's still sleeping in his cell so we figured he wouldn't care." my dad is pretty tired. Especially since losing our mom, he just.. doesn't do anything anymore.

I grab my boots and put them on.

"Okay it's not like he'll notice anyway right?" After seeing them not answer I nod to myself. "Right."

Me, Lizzy and Mika leave our cell to head outside. I don't think ever in my life I would have thought being in a cell makes me joyful.

Hey Liz, Mika. Val gets ready to run as she smirks at her sisters. "Last one there is a rotten bagel?"

"A rotten bagel? Val I think you mean rotten egg-"

Valerie hadn't let Mika finish as she and Lizzy had started running to the fences.

"Come on Mika!"

"Valerie my legs are to short for thiiiissss"

Lizzy was ahead of me and Mika as I was ahead of her. I couldn't help the laughter coming out of my mouth which was slowing me down by a lot.