"Liar"

-the grudge by Olivia Rodrigo

Do you ever read something so good that you have to put the book down and think about it? No? I'd say that's a lie.

It was no secret to anyone that use kids don't really read anymore. But before the end of the world, I did. I read a lot. I read all sorts of books from romance, mystery, comics, to kid books. So when Daryl and Michonne had went to find medicine for everyone, that wasn't the only thing he came back with.

But with a book.

To kill a mockingbird. That's the book that I read for almost 2 hours to Lizzy and Mika. All three of us ended up falling asleep on each other shoulders due to how tired we were.

Times like this I miss how our family used to be, no dead people walking. Just me and my family.

But not anymore.

But that doesn't mean staying with only humans is better. Wanna know why? The most scariest man on this planet is a man. And there ability to fight.

But what match am I, a 13 year old who can't find for herself, to a grown man or a woman.

Or an army.

Just because it's the end of the world doesn't mean people are the not the enemy anymore. They always were and every time you think you're safe. A selfish person will always face you.

"Come on!"

"Everybody wake up!"

" get out your weapons and let's go!"

These yells break me out of my thought as I wake up Lizzy and Mika.

"Guys get up. Now."

Lizzy slowly gets up as she looks confused, "Val why are you waking us up right now?"

I walk towards the exit of the cell as I see Daryl come up to us. "Everybody up now. Head outside."

We all look at each other and run. I stop my tracks and turn back to the cell to grab my book, to kill a mockingbird, and then I catch up with my sisters.

I notice a group of people behind the walls as Rick talks to the leader. I don't understand what's happing? I look towards the right and leave Mika and run to Carl.

"Hey cowboy. What the hells happening?"

Carl looks at me, " I think they're gonna attacks us. My dad's trying to talk to him but I don't know if it's gonna work."

"Oh my god Michonne and Hershel." I put a hand over my mouth as I look down praying nothing happens to them.

Carl took my hand and put it in his. "Don't worry nothing gonna happen, my dad will solve it. He has too."

I smile at him catching myself staring longer than needed. "Carl."

"Valerie."