Left over notes from loved ones

-reflections by the neighborhood

After a while of walking we got to the train tracks. I was too scared to ask for a break but my leg is starting to hurt again. Glenn was way ahead of all of us as Eugene was still talking about god knows what.

After a while of walking I blocked out everybody's conversation and just thought. Through about how different this would be if it weren't for the governor. How different it would have been if I was with my sisters. Or if my dad was still alive.

I don't even know what happened to my siblings. It's just best to assume they're dead then lost. At least they won't have to be scared anymore.

That was the only thing I thought about when I was alone. I never showed how upset or mad I was at anyone. Maybe it was because I was scared did what they'd say. Or because I wanted to beat the stereotype that all girls were cryers.

That's what my dad told me. Every time it hurt he told me to man up. I don't even know what that means, I'm just 14. I think.

After a while of walking and staring at the ground I looked up to see it was nighttime. Everyone spaces slowed down as we sat on the ground for a break.

I sat next to Glenn but kept a distance as I was a really messy sleeper, and I closed my eyes. By the time I could think about anything else I was asleep.

——-      ————        ————-        ———-      ———

"Hey big mouth time to get headed." I sat up bring a hand to my face as I looked up to Abraham getting ready to go. He reached his hand out to me and waited.

I stared. That's it, just stared.

"I don't have a big mouth."

"Yet when it comes to your opinions you sure let everyone know about them, don't you."

I looked at the ground then back at his hand and took it. "Your choices give me the option about you."

Our group started walking as me and Abraham were behind.

"Is he your father?" Abraham asked

"What?"

"Glenn. Is he your father. And I'm assuming Maggie's your mom?"

"Oh."

"You don't look like him." Well I don't look like my sisters either so.

"He's not my dad. He's someone I trust."

"So then Tara's your mom?" Oh boy.

"No, my real family is dead. We're just sticking together."

Abraham went silent after that. I never meant it like that, I just didn't want to let go of my blood family.

"You don't have to go silent. I still have the world right around my fingers, I'm just waiting until I snap."

"Snap from what?"