A'Thousand Reasons (A'ja Wilson)

A'ja Pov

The team was getting warmed up just before the game the started in just a couple of minutes. Today was the day that I could be the first person in league history to score 1,000 points in a season. That's crazy to say now that I think about it, but honestly most people would think i'm nervous or excited but i'm honestly just chilling. I mean like I would be happy if I break it though because like it's such a huge accomplishment.

I would have been a lot happier though if my girlfriend was here to witness it with me though. She said she would have loved to be here with me but she's got to study for school so I guess I'll let it slide. My parents are here to support me though and they've been here for every award or record i've ever broken. Without them I would not even be the person people know me as today.

Coach called us over into our huddle to run over our game plan as the buzzer sounded letting us know it was now time for the game to commence. The crowd was loud erupting into cheers as we all walked out onto the court giving quick greetings. The ref tossed the ball in the air and I won the tip tipping it off to Chelsea. We immediately ran our first play with me getting the first points of the game in my signature mid range pull up. 

The crowd cheered loudly as the ball went through the hoop. On the other end Kiah grabbed the rebound off a miss. She passed me the ball I turned around and seen DB guarding me. I seen that she had most of her weight shifted onto one foot so I crossed the ball to the other side speeding down to the basket going for the easy lay. The crowd getting louder and louder by the second. This was basically how the game went the entire time as just about everything was going in for me. 

(Time skip)

I looked up at the Megatron and seen that I needed just 2 more points to break the record. The I could just feel something inside of me telling me I was about to get this record. And trust me i'm determined to get this record. Jackie in bounded the ball KP, I started posting up on DB with my hand up calling for the ball. I tried backing her down but she wasn't budging, so I did a fake juke turn to my left then spun back shooting the ball off one foot. 

I watched in slow motion as the ball moved ever so slowly through the air. My eyes traveled with the ball as I watched it swish through the net. I yelled out in excitement as the entire arena broke out in cheers. My teammates rushing out onto the court jumping around me as tears ran down my face. I couldn't explain how I was feeling everything just felt so surreal it all felt like a dream. I just made history ya'll.... That is so crazy to me, like my name is going down in history for this like OH MY GOSHHHHHHH. 

"I'm so proud of you A!!!" Jackie said giving me a tight hug as I cried into her shoulder. Becky had to call a timeout so we wouldn't get a penalty. I walked over to my parents and embraced them both as they both congratulated me and said how proud of me they were. "I'm so proud of you baby girl now get back out there and finish this game off right" my dad said making me smile as he kissed the side of my head. 

I jogged back out to the court waving to the crowd as they all cheered. I couldn't help the big smile that was stuck on my face from all the joy and excitement. I got to get back to this game now though so I can fully enjoy this moment for real.

(Time Skip)

"Lets make some noise for A'ja Wilson the first to ever achieve 1,000 points in a regular season in Wnba history!" the announcer said over the speaker. I smiled and waved as the crowd chanted "MVP, MVP, MVP!". All of a sudden the lights went out and it got dark. I looked around confused because I had no idea what was going on. 

That's when smoke I seen coming out of the tunnel with a shadow of someone walking out. I tilted as I was confused as to what was going on.

Y/n Pov