♥♥♥ Bucky Barnes X Diana Lennox: A Dance Between Wars ♥♥♥

The roar of the Quinjet engines hummed through the air as the Avengers sat quietly, recovering from their latest battle with Hydra in the ruins of Mission City. Bucky Barnes glanced over at the young woman sitting beside him. Diana, known by her codename "Major Liberty," sat with her arms crossed, her body language rigid, eyes trained ahead. She rarely spoke to anyone on the team—except him. Bucky's heart clenched, remembering how he had pulled her from the depths of Hydra's control, much like he had escaped himself. She trusted him, and that bond meant everything to him.

His comm buzzed.

"Barnes," Nick Fury's voice crackled in his ear, "change of plans. I've received intel about an ambush headed your way. I'm sending you coordinates to an army base where you'll be laying low for a while. It's the safest place for now. You'll be meeting a special team there. Sit tight."

Bucky shared a look with Steve Rogers, who nodded silently. "Looks like we're not out of the woods yet," Steve muttered to the team.

Minutes later, the Quinjet touched down on the tarmac of a secluded army base. General Morshower and Colonel William Lennox awaited them at the base of the ramp. As the Avengers began to disembark, Diana hesitated. Something about this place tugged at her memory. Slowly, she descended the ramp, her boots heavy on the metal.

Lennox's eyes met hers, and something flickered across his face. With a playful grin, he took a step toward her, breaking into a familiar dance move—one that froze Diana in her tracks. She knew that movement, that rhythm. As if guided by instinct, her feet began to move in sync with his, her body remembering what her mind had long forgotten.

Lennox's voice rang out, singing softly:

Lennox:
"¿Cómo puede ser verdad?
Last night I dreamt of San Pedro
Just like I'd never gone, I knew the song
A young girl with eyes like the desert
It all seems like yesterday, not far away..."

Diana's lips parted, the words spilling out like a forgotten melody:

Lennox and Diana:
"Tropical the island breeze
All of nature, wild and free
This is where I long to be
La Isla Bonita
And when the samba played
The sun would set so high
Ring through my ears and sting my eyes
Your Spanish lullaby..."

Tears welled in Diana's eyes as memories of her childhood, her late mother, and her heritage flooded back. Lennox smiled through his own emotion as the two swayed together, their voices merging in harmony.

Diana:
"I fell in love with San Pedro
Warm wind carried on the sea, he called to me
Te dijo te amo
I prayed that the days would last
They went so fast..."

The other Avengers watched in awe as Diana twirled gracefully, her bruised and battle-worn figure shining in the moment of vulnerability. For Bucky, it was as if she was shedding the weight of all her burdens, if only for a moment.

Lennox and Diana:
"Tropical the island breeze
All of nature, wild and free
This is where I long to be
La Isla Bonita
And when the samba played
The sun would set so high
Ring through my ears and sting my eyes
Your Spanish lullaby..."

Diana's voice grew stronger with each lyric, her soul reconnecting with a part of her she had buried. Lennox's voice supported hers, lifting her higher:

Diana:
"Yo quiero estar donde el sol toca cielo
Cuando es hora de siesta tú los puedes ver pasar..."

Lennox and Diana:
"Caras tan bellas, sin importar nada
Where a girl loves a boy
And a boy..."

Lennox (Diana):
"Loves a girl (Oooo)
The Spanish lullaby..."

Lennox and Diana:
"It all seems like yesterday, not far away."