Chapter 15: Battles

The moon hung low in the sky, casting long shadows across the empty streets as the Justice League continued to track Andy. From their vantage point, they watched him weave through the alleys, his movements swift and deliberate. He was hunting again, and this time, his prey was no ordinary vampire.

Superman hovered above, using his enhanced vision to keep tabs on Andy’s every move. "He’s headed straight for a vampire stronghold. Looks like one of Dracula’s generals is there," he said, his voice tense.

Batman nodded, his eyes locked on Andy’s silhouette. "He’s been working his way through Dracula’s forces, taking them out one by one. This is just the next step."

"Yeah, but this one’s different," Cyborg interjected, scanning the area with his sensors. "This general is stronger than the others. More experienced. Andy’s walking into a serious fight."

Wonder Woman’s expression hardened. "He won’t back down, even if it means his death. He’s been fighting like a man possessed."

As they spoke, Andy stepped into the clearing in front of the vampire stronghold. There, standing tall with a wicked grin, was one of Dracula’s elite generals. The vampire wore dark armor, his crimson eyes gleaming in the night. A massive sword hung loosely at his side, but his stance made it clear he was ready for battle.

"You’ve come far, Van Helsing," the vampire hissed, his voice dripping with malice. "But this is where your hunt ends."

Andy’s grip tightened around his sword, his face a mask of cold determination. "The only thing that ends tonight is your life."

Without another word, the two warriors charged at each other. The clash of their swords echoed through the night, metal meeting metal in a brutal exchange of blows. The speed and ferocity of their fight took even the Justice League by surprise.

Andy’s movements were fluid and precise, his training as a vampire hunter evident in every strike. He fought with a blend of human and vampire strength, his hybrid abilities giving him a deadly edge. But the vampire general was no slouch—he parried Andy’s attacks with ease, countering with powerful swings of his own.

"Should we intervene?" Green Lantern asked, his ring glowing as he watched the battle unfold.

"No," Batman replied firmly, his voice low. "Not yet. This is his fight."

Superman frowned, his fists clenched. "But if he loses—"

"He won’t lose," Batman interrupted. "Not this time. He’s too driven."

On the battlefield, Andy and the vampire general continued their deadly dance. The general’s sword came down with a force that could have split a man in two, but Andy dodged at the last second, countering with a swift slash to the vampire’s side. Black blood sprayed into the air, but the vampire barely flinched.

"You’re good, hunter," the vampire sneered, wiping the blood from his side. "But not good enough."

In a blur of movement, the vampire launched a flurry of strikes, each one faster than the last. Andy blocked most of them, but one caught him across the chest, sending him stumbling back. Blood dripped from the fresh wound, but Andy’s expression didn’t change.

"You’ll have to do better than that," Andy growled, wiping the blood from his lips.

The vampire laughed darkly. "Oh, I intend to."

The fight escalated as both combatants pushed their limits. Andy’s sword was a blur of silver as he unleashed a series of devastating attacks, his speed and strength keeping him in the fight. But the vampire general was relentless, his dark power fueling every strike.

"He’s getting tired," Cyborg observed, scanning Andy’s vitals. "His body’s taking a lot of damage."

Wonder Woman clenched her fists, her eyes narrowing. "We should step in."

But Batman shook his head. "Not yet. He’s not done."

Andy’s breath was heavy, his muscles burning from the exertion. But he refused to back down. He couldn’t. Not when he was this close.

The vampire general smirked, sensing Andy’s fatigue. "This is the end, Van Helsing. Your blood will make a fine offering to Dracula."

Andy’s eyes flashed with fury as he raised his sword, gripping it with both hands. "Not if I send your head to him first."

With a roar, Andy surged forward, his sword glowing faintly as he channeled every ounce of strength he had left into his final strike. The vampire general’s eyes widened in surprise as Andy’s blade sliced through the air, cutting clean through his defenses.

There was a brief moment of silence before the vampire’s head rolled from his shoulders, his body collapsing to the ground with a heavy thud.

Andy stood over the fallen general, his chest heaving with exhaustion. Blood dripped from his wounds, but he didn’t seem to notice. His eyes were fixed on the corpse at his feet, his expression unreadable.

The Justice League watched in silence, each member processing what they had just witnessed.

"That was... brutal," Flash said quietly, breaking the silence.

"He’s a warrior," Wonder Woman said softly. "But this fight... it’s changing him."

Superman frowned, his gaze still on Andy. "He’s losing himself. He’s becoming something else."

Batman’s voice was quiet but firm. "He’s becoming what he thinks he needs to be to win. But at what cost?"

As Andy sheathed his sword and began to walk away, the Justice League exchanged uneasy glances. They knew that this battle was only the beginning. The war with Dracula was far from over, and with each fight, Andy was slipping further into the darkness.

And they weren’t sure if they could pull him back