Chapter 12: Dracula

The night air was heavy with anticipation as the Justice League and Andy stood amidst the ruins of the vampire den. Bodies of the fallen littered the ground, and the tension between Andy and the League was still palpable from their previous clash. Yet, something far more sinister lingered in the shadows—a presence that even Andy, with all his experience, had never felt before.

Suddenly, the temperature dropped, and an eerie silence swept over the area. The hairs on the back of Andy’s neck stood up. He tightened his grip on his sword and muttered, “He’s here.”

Batman, always alert, stepped forward. “Who’s here?”

A deep, ominous voice echoed from the darkness, chilling everyone to their core. “You should know better than to speak my name, hunter.”

From the darkness, a tall, imposing figure emerged. His pale skin contrasted sharply against the flowing black cloak that enveloped him. His crimson eyes glowed with malice, and a twisted smile curled across his face.

“Dracula,” Wonder Woman whispered, her voice filled with both awe and dread.

Superman’s eyes narrowed. “We’ve faced powerful beings before. He’s just another one.”

But Andy’s voice was sharp as he stepped forward. “No. He’s not just another one. He’s the one.”

Dracula’s eyes landed on Andy, and his smile widened. “Ah, the infamous Van Helsing bloodline. How quaint that it has survived so long. And now... a hybrid?”

Andy didn’t respond. Instead, he shifted his stance, preparing for the inevitable fight. He knew this was no ordinary vampire. Dracula wasn’t just powerful—he was ancient, a being of pure malice and darkness. This battle would require everything he had and more.

“You really think you can stop me, boy?” Dracula taunted, stepping closer. “You’re no more than a child playing at being a hunter.”

Andy clenched his jaw, his muscles tensing. “Maybe. But I’ve killed your kind before, and I’ll kill you too.”

Dracula laughed, the sound reverberating off the walls. “You may have fought vampires, but you’ve never faced something like me.”

Without warning, Dracula moved. His speed was unlike anything the League had ever seen. One moment he was standing before them, and the next, he was inches away from Andy, his hand outstretched, aiming to rip Andy apart.

But Andy was ready.

With lightning reflexes, he blocked Dracula’s strike with his sword, their weapons sparking with dark energy as they clashed. Andy gritted his teeth as the force of Dracula’s blow nearly knocked him off balance. He had never encountered such raw power before. Dracula wasn’t like the others—he was stronger, faster, and far more dangerous.

The Justice League sprang into action. Wonder Woman unsheathed her sword, charging at Dracula with her divine strength. Superman rushed forward, his fists ready to land a blow, while Batman and Green Lantern prepared their strategies.

But Dracula was prepared.

With a flick of his wrist, he sent a wave of dark energy crashing toward the League, forcing them to scatter. Superman took the brunt of the blast, flying backward and slamming into a nearby wall. Wonder Woman deflected it with her bracelets, but even she was forced to retreat.

Dracula grinned, his eyes gleaming with power. “Fools. You think you can challenge me?”

Andy lunged at him again, his sword cutting through the air with lethal precision. But Dracula dodged effortlessly, laughing as he sidestepped each of Andy’s attacks. “You have spirit, boy. But spirit won’t save you.”

The Justice League regrouped, trying to find an opening. Batman’s analytical mind was racing, trying to assess Dracula’s weaknesses, but the vampire lord seemed invulnerable.

Andy, realizing the battle couldn’t be fought like any other, gritted his teeth. “I guess it’s time I stop holding back.”

With a roar, his body began to change. His skin paled, and his eyes glowed with an unnatural intensity—one red, one blue. His fangs lengthened, and his muscles bulged, veins pulsing with vampiric energy. He embraced his full potential as a human-vampire hybrid, the power surging through him like never before.

Dracula’s smile faltered for the first time. “So, you’ve finally accepted what you are.”

“I’m nothing like you,” Andy growled, his voice deeper, more feral. “I may be part vampire, but I’m still a hunter. And I’ll destroy you.”

With his enhanced speed and strength, Andy launched himself at Dracula, their blades clashing with violent force. The impact sent shockwaves through the air, cracking the ground beneath their feet. This time, Dracula struggled to keep up. Andy’s transformation had made him faster and stronger—perhaps even strong enough to stand against the vampire lord.

The Justice League watched in awe as Andy fought with a ferocity they hadn’t seen before. He moved like a blur, his strikes calculated and deadly, each one pushing Dracula back.

But Dracula was far from defeated.

“You’re strong, hybrid,” Dracula sneered, blood trickling from a cut on his cheek. “But strength alone won’t be enough.”

With a sinister laugh, Dracula raised his hands, summoning a dark cloud of bats that swarmed toward the League. Green Lantern quickly created a shield, protecting his teammates from the onslaught, while Wonder Woman swung her sword, cutting through the creatures with precision.

Dracula used the distraction to strike Andy. In a flash, he appeared behind him, sinking his claws into Andy’s side. Andy gasped in pain, blood pouring from the wound. But instead of retreating, he snarled and twisted, driving his elbow into Dracula’s chest.

The two clashed again, the fight escalating in intensity. Andy’s hybrid abilities gave him the edge, but he was still outmatched by Dracula’s centuries of experience and dark magic.

As the battle raged on, it became clear that neither side was willing to give in. But Dracula’s powers were vast, and the League could sense the tide turning in his favor.

Suddenly, in a flash of darkness, Dracula stepped back, his smile returning. “You’ve impressed me, hunter. But this isn’t over. I’ll return—and when I do, I’ll finish what I started.”

Before Andy could react, Dracula disappeared into the shadows, his sinister laughter echoing in the night.

Andy collapsed to his knees, blood dripping from his wounds. The League rushed to his side, but he waved them off, struggling to stand.

“We’re not done yet,” he muttered, his eyes still glowing with fierce determination. “He’ll be back. And when he comes, I’ll be ready.”