♡Chapter-14

Three weeks

Dante had just proposed to me right in front of everyone

Dante had just proposed to me right in front of everyone. I felt the heat rush to my face as Dante’s words echoed around me. Dante left the scene giving me a signature smirk. I couldn't figure out what just happened. My heart pounded in my chest, and I couldn’t ignore the eyes on me, whispering, judging. Dante’s voice had been so sincere, so genuine, but all I felt was confusion.

With shaky hands, I picked up my food tray and found Ethan sitting nearby. I walked to him. His calm, steady presence was always something I could rely on, but today, it felt distant.

"May I?" I asked.

"Why be so formal? Take your seat." He said.

I dropped into the seat next to him. I waited for him to ask me about what happened. But we did not say anything for a few moments. He didn’t ask how I was or what had just happened, and his silence started to irritate me.

  “Minion, What should I do?” I asked.

He didn’t even look at me.

  "Tell something." I repeated.

“Do what you wish, Donut. It’s your life. Just make sure you make the right choice.” He said.

I bit my lip.

“But, What about Dante? Does it bother you if I say yes to him? It has nothing to do with you?” I asked.

His response came far too quickly.

“No, it doesn’t bother me.”

I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. I wanted him to say something that showed he cared about what I did. My chest tightened with frustration.

   “So, you don’t care at all?” I asked again.

He finally glanced at me, his expression unreadable.

“Donut, you should do what makes you happy. It’s not about what I think. It's about how you feel.” He said.

I was clearly disappointed.

“Fine.” I said.

“I’m going to say yes to Dante, since you clearly don’t care!” I said.

Ethan just nodded, as if nothing I said could affect him.

“If that’s your decision, I will surely support you.”

I stood up so fast I nearly knocked the chair over.

“It is my decision!”

I spat, storming out of the cafeteria before I could say something I’d regret.

By the time I made it to class, the whispers had only gotten louder. My heart sank as I felt eyes following me to my seat. Before I even sat down, a girl slid up beside me, a dirty smirk on her face.