2

Toni's POV

Just when I thought life couldn't get any weirder, this dude I've randomly been envisioning just pops out of nowhere and I almost kill him with my damn car. I let out a deep sigh as he ran off and continued driving.

"Fuck!" I was for sure gonna be late and if you know me then you know I hate being late to anything especially work or school. I grip the steering wheel and press harder on the gas ,going over a few miles over the speed limit but it wasn't enough to get me there on time.

Out of nowhere the car sped up , sending me flying towards my destination. It was weird because I wasn't pressing on the gas any harder...maybe it was some type of malfunction with the car. I pull into the parking lot of the school with a few minutes left to spare. I exit the car and jog inside the school and head to my first class.

"Yo!' I hear as I make my way towards class, that voice can only belong to one person..Eli.

"Oh wassup E' I make my way over to him and give him a hug "Where's Key?" I ask once I notice she's not around. "Oh she went to class...look i'm sorry about earlier you know she didn't mean it like that, she just wants what's best for you...we both do. You deserve more than what he gives you. He's right I do deserve better but better hasn't come my way and I damn sure haven't had any luck finding it myself.

"Yeah bro I know... It's just hard, he's all I know" I replied. I wouldn't say I'm in love with CJ but I do have love for him, we were both there for each other during our hard times and yeah I had Key and Eli but CJ gave me a love that they just simply couldn't. We break the hug and he gives me a pat on the shoulder and gives me a smile "I love you Toni"

My heart skips a beat "I-I love you more Eli.." my goodness why me?. We go our separate ways and soon as I head back towards my class the bell rings, letting me know I was late..of fucking course. I get to my class and I quickly find a seat in the back hoping to go unnoticed.

"You're late Mr.Bowen" my calc teacher , Mr.Johnson, whom I had last year as well, speaks. "Yeah..im sorry Mr.J I had a pretty rough morning" I slouch in my seat.

'Mmhm tell your mother I said hi by the way" Mr.Johnson had a huge crush on my mother since they went to high school together. As he went over the rules and expectations for this year there was a knock at the door causing me to jump...something feels off. Mr.Johnson stops talking and goes to answer the door. Once he opens the door and the person walks in my heart drops in my ass.

"Class sorry for the interruption but this is Kareem , he's a transfer student from another country he'll be furthering his education here at Mystic University please welcome him with open arms yadda yadda yadda". No way the guy i've been seeing and the guy I almost ran over this morning is a fucking student here. "Find a seat Mr. Jones" Mr.Johnson motions towards the row of seats.

Of course he picks the seat directly next to me. I slouch further in my seat once he sits next to me ,trying my best to keep my focus on the professor.

" Wassup Im Kareem" he reaches his hand out and smiles.

"What??" I look over at him nervously then look down at his hand. "S-Sorry, that was rude. I'm Antonio but all my friends call me Toni" I grab his hand and shake it. When I grab his hand a cold feeling runs all throughout my body and something just feels right for once. "Nice to meet you Antonio" he kisses my hand "or should I say Toni" he smirks as he stares into my eyes.

I pull my hand back and I feel my cheeks heat up. About 45 minutes later class ends and it's time for me to go to my second class. "Mr. Bowen" I hear Mr. Johnson call after me as I make my way to the door.

"Yes?" I reply as I turn back to him.

"I want you to show Kareem around the University when you get the chance". I didn't even argue, I just sighed 'Ok".