5

Toni's POV

I managed to pull myself up but before I could make my way over to the section I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist and pick me up, carrying me to the exit. The street is flooded with people running to their cars , down the street, and some crying. I look down and it was Kareem who carried me out of there but I don't even acknowledge him I immediately call the group chat but no one is answering. I call again and Eli answers "YO!! Where are you? You good?" he says before I could even answer. I see that there is some blood on his face and I feel like I'm gonna throw up.

"YES! Yes I'm ok where are you? Where is Key? W-why is there blood on your face?". This situation is already scary enough then I already didn't wanna leave him plus the liquor in me? It felt like I was gonna pass out and I think Eli could tell

. "Breatheee Toni breathe , it's ok me and key are good we're by her car but Kev got shot so she's gonna go to the hospital with him. His blood is on me because I was right next to him when he got shot plus I helped him out."

Oh thank god! Don't get me wrong it's sad Kev got shot but better him than my best friend. I wipe the tears from my face "put key on the phone" she grabs the phone from him before he could pass it "Key are you ok?"

"Yeah boo i'm good , just a bit shaken up but im fine" I could tell that she had been crying "are you ok? Where's kareem?"

"Yeah I'm fine , we both are...I said something really mean to him though I think I need to apologize" I didn't mean what I said earlier but so many things were going through my mind it just came out. "Yo Toni imma take KG's car back to her house while she go to the hospital with Kev, imma meet you back at your crib some time tonight just be up to let me in"

"Ok I'll be up but my phone bout to die. I'll text you , see yall , love yall." They returned the sentiments and Eli blew a kiss at me then hung up." I felt Kareem come stand next to me once the phone hung up "are they ok?" he asked.

"Yeah they're fine...look im so so so sorry about what I said earlier I didn't mean that at ALL I just kinda tweaked out when i thought about the possibility of one of my friends getting shot" He grabbed both my hands and kissed them "It's ok I accept your apology, I know exactly how you felt." I didn't even say anything I just gave him a hug "Thanks Kareem and thanks for getting me out of there".

"No problem as long as you're safe, that's all I care about. Now let's get you home and don't worry I'll drive your car since you're really drunk and i'm not taking no for an answer" I started to argue back but he was being a gentlemen plus I would've crashed the second I pressed the gas so I just reached in my pocket and gave him my keys. We started walking to my car and we were just talking about random shit

"Wanna know who fine as fuck? Mr Johnson mm that man could do whatever he want to me"  I sound like Keyana ass right now. Kareem starts laughing "our calculus professor?".

"Mmmhm ! I just know it's big".

"You know what's big?" That familiar voice causes me to stop dead in my tracks and turn around. It's CJ. "Oh wassup papa" why did he have to pop up while I was drunk ? I wanted to ignore him but my stupid ass drunk body walked over to him and I wrapped my arms around him and he pulled me closer to him. My goodness I wanted him so bad right now. "Why you got this ski mask on CJ? You look crazy"

"Cuz me and stretch had to take care of some business but we done now" Business?? That can only mean one thing...

"Did yall just" I point my head towards the club that was now being blocked off by yellow police tape. He looked back and sighed "yeah that was us..well stretch I was just inna car waiting for him" his hands traveled down to my hips and he gave me a kiss. "Some nigga owed stretch hella money and he kept ducking off so he gave the nigga what he was looking for" that bullet could've hit Eli..I feel my body heating up again.