𝒫𝒶𝓇𝓉 𝓈ℯ𝓋ℯ𝓃 ✿︎

She slowly inserted the syringe of poison into her arm. The pain was numbing her entire limb, but she had to do it—there was no other way to avenge her sister.

"Nee-san, I know you wouldn't want me to do this, but... without you, I'm nothing. Nee-san, I... I can't love someone without you loving me. I can't live in a world without you. Nee-san, please come back. Please... I want you back. Why? Why did you have to die? Why... why didn't I die? I never deserved life. You did, Nee-san..."

Tears streamed down her face, one after another, as though a dam had broken inside her heart. She couldn't live anymore. She couldn't love anymore.

Feeling dizzy and nauseous, she lay down on her bed and drifted into sleep.

Three hours later

"Kocho? Kocho, are you there? Please, open the door."

"...Shinobu-sama?"

"Please, open the door."

Shinobu stirred, her mind groggy. Where am I? Oh... the poison... She slowly unlocked the door.

"Yeah, what?" she mumbled, her voice heavy with exhaustion. Aoi stood outside, supporting Tomioka-san, who had his arm around her shoulder.

"Kocho, I think I know what caused the infection," Tomioka said.

"Oh? Really? Come in."

Aoi stepped out, and Giyuu entered the room. "I had a small bruise, but it's starting to hurt. When I checked it, it was brown, black, and swollen."

"Let me see," Shinobu said, suspicion creeping into her voice.

He removed his shirt.

"Ara, how bold, Tomioka-san," she teased, but her tone shifted immediately. "Where is the infection?"

"It's on my left shoulder."

Shinobu gasped. "Tomioka-san?"

"Yeah?"

"YOU CALL THIS A SMALL BRUISE?! IT'S PRACTICALLY COVERING YOUR ENTIRE BACK! HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?"

"I... I forgot."

"...What did you just say?" she asked, her voice low and dangerous, a strained smile forming on her face.

"I... I said I forgot," Giyuu stammered, clearly unnerved by her expression.