F O U R

- An Unfortunate Encounter -

• Samaira's POV •

The warm morning sunlight streaming through the window illuminated your room as you slipped into your stunning blue anarkali dress. You gazed at your reflection in the mirror, a satisfied smile spreading across your face. "Damn, I look gorgeous!" you whispered, admiring the intricate embroidery and the way the fabric hugged your curves.

You completed your outfit with oxidized silver earrings that added a touch of elegance to your overall look. A subtle spritz of your favorite perfume on your neck left a tantalizing scent, making you feel confident and radiant.

The aroma of freshly brewed coffee wafted from the kitchen, mingling with the sweet fragrance of blooming flowers outside. Today, you were excited to meet your best friend, Riya Jain, for a leisurely breakfast at Café Bloom.

As you styled your hair and applied a light layer of makeup, your phone buzzed with an incoming text from Riya:

"Good morning, sunshine! Running 10 mins late. See you soon!"

You smiled, knowing Riya's chronic lateness was a running joke between you two. You replied:

"No worries, Riya! Take your time. I'll grab a table by the window."

With a final check of your outfit, you grabbed your bag and headed out the door, eager to spend a lovely morning with Riya, sipping coffee and catching up on each other's lives.

The bright morning light enveloped you as you stepped outside, filling you with a sense of joy and anticipation for the day ahead.

I sprinted towards the bus stop, my heels clicking against the pavement. As I reached the corner, I paused to adjust my blue anarkali dress, ensuring everything was in place. I glanced at my watch and frowned - 11:45. "It's getting late," I muttered to myself.

Deciding to hail a taxi instead, I stepped closer to the road, scanning the traffic for an available cab. Just as I raised my hand to flag one down, a sleek black sedan sped past, sending a splash of dirty water from a puddle onto my dress. The stain spread like a dark cloud across the delicate fabric.

My eyes widened in dismay as I stood there, frozen in shock. The car screeched to a halt a few feet ahead.

I strutted right up to that car, tapped on the window, and said, "Excuse me." The window whirred down, revealing a man in his early 30s stepping out. "How much?" he asked, eyeing my dress.

I was taken aback, "What??"

"How much for your dress?" he repeated.

I couldn't believe the audacity, "sach mein, uncle, kya aap paagal ho gae hain? aapane abhee-abhee meree dress kharaab kee hai, aur ab aap apane paise dikha rahe hain?"

["Seriously, uncle, are you out of your mind?! You just wrecked my dress, and now you're flaunting your money?" ]

Unbelievable!

"Uncle?? Hey you kid, uncle kise kah rahe ho, aur tumhaaree dres ke baare mein, main pahale se hee tumhen paise de raha hoon, bas ise le lo aur chale jao,"

["Uncle?? Hey you kid, whom you calling uncle, and about your dress, I'm already offering you the money, just take it and leave,"]

he said arrogantly, acting like such a jerk. "mujhe aapake paiso kee jaroorat nahin hai,"

["I don't need your money,"]

you firmly declared. The stares from everyone around us made the situation even more awkward. "What do you want then, a branded dress! Fine, I will buy you one," he arrogantly exclaimed.

Jesus, for God's sake, how can someone be this arrogant?

The nerve of some people is truly beyond belief!

"I don't need anything, just a sorry," I express. "You want me to say sorry to you?" he retorts as I nod my head in agreement. With a scoff, he makes me frown, "Krish Mehra never says sorry to anyone, got it." His insolence leaves me gasping, ready to retort, but he simply gets in the car, blatantly ignoring my presence. "Yah... yah, uncle," I mutter sarcastically under my breath, amazed by his audacity.

Without a care for my words, he sped off in his car. "Stupid uncle," I muttered, frustration evident in my tone, as I began adjusting my dress. The dust kicked up by his hasty departure settled around me, a physical echo of the abrupt end to our encounter.

Despite his dismissive tone, there was a flicker of unease in his eyes, a hint of remorse that he tried to suppress. "Focus, Krish," he muttered to himself, the conflict within him palpable even from a distance. Finally, he parked his car in the company's lot, the tension between us still hanging in the air like an unresolved chord in a melody.

To be continue...