T E N

- The Unexpected Kiss -

• Author's POV •

Samira walked into the sleek, modern lobby, the fragrance of fresh flowers and rich chocolates wafting from her hands. Her eyes locked onto the receptionist, a polished smile spreading across her face. "Hi, could you please tell me where Mr. Mehra's cabin is?" she asked, her voice confident and clear.

The receptionist's gaze swept over Samira, lingering on the elegant bouquet and premium chocolates. Her expression transformed from indifference to interest, a hint of curiosity flickering in her eyes. "Do you have an appointment with Mr. Mehra?" she asked, her tone firm but polite.

Samira's smile remained unwavering as she offered the gifts. "No, I just want to thank him personally." Her words were laced with sincerity, but the receptionist's demeanor shifted.

The receptionist's eyes narrowed, her voice taking on a protective tone. "I'm afraid you're not allowed to meet Mr. Mehra. Don't waste your time trying to impress him; he's not interested." Her words were laced with a subtle warning.

Samira's eyes flashed with determination, her jaw setting in a resolute line. "Who said I'm here to impress?" she countered, her voice firm but controlled. "I simply want to express my gratitude. Tell me where his cabin is, or I'll find it myself." The receptionist's eyes widened, taken aback by Samira's assertiveness.

The receptionist's expression hardened, her voice rising. "You can't just barge in! Mr. Mehra is a busy person." She stood, her arms crossed, a barrier between Samira and the elevator.

Samira took a deliberate step forward, her eyes locked onto the receptionist's. "I understand your concerns, but I won't leave until I've spoken to Mr. Mehra." Her voice was steady, her resolve unshakeable. The air was charged with tension as the two women stood firm, neither willing to yield.

Krish emerged from the meeting room, engrossed in conversation with his secretary. "Mr. Patel, please place this file in my cabin," he instructed, before his gaze locked onto Samira.

His expression transformed from calm to surprise, then concern. Samira's distress was palpable as she shouted, "Where's Mr. Mehra?!"

Krish swiftly closed the distance between them, his long strides devouring the space. He grasped Samira's wrist, his grip firm but not ungentle.

"What are you doing here?" Krish demanded, his voice low and urgent.

Samira struggled to free herself, but Krish's hold tightened.

"Why did you send me these?" She asked, her eyes flashing with annoyance.

As Samira's voice rose, Krish's gaze darted to the gathering crowd.

"Not here," he muttered, his jaw clenched.

Without another word, Krish dragged Samira toward the elevator.

"Let go!" Samira protested, her heels scraping against the marble floor.

Krish's grip remained unyielding.

The elevator doors slid open, and Krish ushered Samira inside.

As the doors closed, the tension between them intensified.

Krish pulled Samira into the elevator, his grip on her hand tightening. "If you didn't like the gifts, why didn't you just throw them away?" he demanded, his voice rising.

Samira flinched, her nerves sparking. "I wasn't going to throw them," she began.

But Krish cut her off. "Why cause trouble every time?" His words echoed off the elevator walls.