Chapter Eighteen

Anyway, the long awaited Chapter Eighteen for you all :)

Harry's P.O.V.

-fifteen minutes before-

"Hey, lads, I'm going on a walk!" yells Jae from downstairs.

Just as I open my mouth to tell her that it's raining, the door slams. Without hesitating, I sit up, pull on my shoes and a jacket, and run downstairs and out the door.

I arrive in the lobby just in time to see Jae walk out the hotel door, shoulders hunched against the rain, and turn right.

To follow...or not to follow? I wonder.

I consider my options for a moment before heading out into the rain. Jae put up with torture for us, the least I can do to return the favor is bear a little rain to make sure she was okay.

-back to where Chapter Seventeen left off-

"Harry?!" she responds, her voice thick with tears.

"Oh, Jae, love, are you alright?" I ask frantically, falling to my knees in the mud beside her.

She sniffles, trying to dry her tears before I can see them. "I- I'm, uh, I...well, no."

I wrap my arms tightly around her, holding her to my chest. "Can I help, baby?" I ask, gently brushing a lock of hair out of her face.

She turns her face up, her blue eyes meeting mine, the sorrow in them stirring a feeling in my stomach that I can't control. I hold her hand and pull her to her feet so that we are both standing, her back to the tree. I lean in slightly, and her eyes widen a bit, but she doesn't pull back.

And then, we're kissing.

This isn't happening this isn't happening! I can't kiss this girl! I can't kiss this girl! She's fifteen, and she's an orphaned American girl and I'm Harry fucking Styles!

See, those are the thoughts that should have been rampant in my mind. Note the word 'should'.

Instead, my brain is melted. Unconsciously, I place my arms on either side of her, pinning her to the tree. She reaches up, wrapping her arms around my neck and tangling her fingers in my curls. I press myself against her, blatantly hating any inch of space between our bodies.

Fireworks explode in my stomach, a warmth tingling everywhere we touch. I nibble softly on her lower lip and she gasps, her brilliant blue eyes flying open as I deepen the kiss.

"Harry," she whispers breathlessly against my lips. "Harry."

I sigh, the friction of her lips against mine as she murmured my name making me go crazy. Abandoning my stance against the tree, I grab her waist and pull her into me, leaning down to connect our lips again.

To my surprise, she places her palms flat on my chest and looks up at me with a serious expression. "Harry, wait."

Shocked, I lean back. "What is it?"

She sighs and I can see that her blue eyes are wet. "I just...I can't...I've got to go," she stammers, and sprints out into the rain.

"Jae!" I call, running after her. "JAE!!"

But she's gone, lost in the trees. I groan and sink into a crouch under the nearest tree, my head in my hands.

What've I done?

Niall's P.O.V.

"Jae? Jaaaaeee?" I call as I walk down the stairs. "Lou, have you seen Jae?"

Louis, sitting sprawled out on the couch, looks up from his phone. "Err...I think she went on a walk or something."

I groan. "When do you think she'll be back?"

Louis shrugs. "I'm gonna go spend some time with El, kay? Shout if you need anything." He skips upstairs leaving me staring at the door and waiting for Jae to come back.