Chapter Seven

Just as my mind started to work on destroying Ace and his little network of culprits, Marí's coded message about where his weapons were located, appeared on my phone.

We traded at Ballast Point Brewery at 23:10pm, according to B.

OK. I replied.

I knew the set of warehouses off of Mira Mar Way that she was referring to. I closed my eyes to see the details. The expansive row of brown business buildings, the color of bark trees, had black address letters on the top of each suite. My mind continued to travel to the back of the complex and found suite B facing an open field of overgrown dry grass and weeds. The field allowed for some privacy, except that the warehouse suites in each building, were attached to one another. Each came with two entrances, a front door, and a roll up in the back.

"Best to come here in the wee hours of the morning to get the job done." I said, talking to myself.

Now what to do with the metal...the Port Steel Mill, off of Pacific Highway, came to mind. They melted all types of weapons for re-purposing them into steel to help rebuild the community. But they didn't accept ammunition, so that meant that I had to go to the police department. I picked up my phone and googled anonymous weapons drop off San Diego Police Department. As I read through the article, I realized that it wasn't completely anonymous because the intake people were always there.

The article also stated that giving your name wasn't necessary. But if there were no serial numbers on the weapons, there was some explaining to do. I wouldn't put it past Ace to have black market artillery in his arsenal. His prison time and convicted felon status which appeared in my visions, would prohibit him from legally carrying any weapons.

All that aside, I had a bigger problem; the reward to find me, was at an undisclosed amount.

"Not getting trapped in that net." I almost shouted. I was going to have to enlist Marí and Raul to help me, to get the job done right.

Before heading over to the warehouse, my first course of action was to keep sight of Ace, and see where his resting stop for the night was, so that I could stay ahead of him.

Katie was scheduled to come in tomorrow night for her first class, so catching up with her was key. Taylor was back from her vacation, which meant that I didn't have to be at the studio, but I did have some merchandise to unload and display. Plus, it would be a good excuse to catch up with her about her vacation; which I really did want to hear all about.

The following evening, I found myself sprinting up the stairs to the studio, climbing two steps instead of one, with the ease of regular walking. Marí's new sports drinks, no doubt. Once I reached the office, Taylor's lean five-foot- eight frame was seated behind the office desk. The cutout v of her long sleeve dark blue wrap dress on her chest showed off her post-holiday tan.

"Hi Hunter!" She greeted me with a burst of post Cabo energy.

"Tell me everything!" I demanded, sitting opposite her in the same spot Katie and Ace were the night before.

"Jax and Cabo were both amazing." Taylor offered, her emerald eyes sparkling like jewels. A glimmer that hadn't been there for a while. "It was hard to come back. You know how it is when things are great, you want more."

"Yes, I do!" Although, after saying that, I couldn't remember the last time I had a vacation. Lately, Carter kept hinting for us to get away. We both deserved it. Truth is I was afraid that I would have premonition dreams while on vacation with Carter. Not sure how Carter would feel being on vacation, while his girlfriend disappeared, to save the world.

"So, is he the one?" I quizzed, already knowing the answer.

"It's looking more and more like that each day." Taylor gushed. "It's amazing how your instincts are always right on, kinda scary, actually."