‎‧₊˚✧[𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑻𝒘𝒐: 𝑭𝒖𝒏𝒏𝒚 𝑭𝒆𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔]✧˚₊‧

ᴛᴀᴛᴜᴍ'ꜱ ᴘᴏᴠ 

 "Hey, Steve!" I said. 

He turned around confused, "Oh hey, Tatum. How are you?"

I smiled, "I'm doing good, how are you?"

Steve smiled back, "I couldn't be better. I am in love with Nancy, and she is in love with me. I don't think I could ever see myself with another girl." 

My smile drooped as I saw Nancy start to walk up behind Steve. She placed a kiss on his cheek. I felt a pit in my stomach, like I had a brick in my stomach. Boys had never been a problem with Nancy and I, so why all of a sudden was she breaking the known rule to not date your bestfriends long time crush. Or at least old long time crush. 

My name fell from her mouth, "Tatum." Nancy mumbled.

"What?"  I snapped. I don't know why I was so worked up about the situation.

"Tatum." She repeated. 

"What!?"

"Tatum, wake up!" 

My eyes flickered open and I saw my little brother hovering over me. 

"Wake up, Tatum. It's your first day back at school. Mom made breakfast, hurry up." 

I sat up in my bed in horror. I couldn't believe I was having dreams of Steve Harrington, douchebag of the highest order. 

"You look scared and confused. You ok?" Dustin asked me.

"Yeah, just a bad dream." I got up as Dustin walked out of my room closing the door behind him. 

I sighed. Why did I care if Nancy is with Steve? Shouldn't I be happy for her? I couldn't keep thinking about this. I felt stupid. I am not in some teenage drama movie, why the hell am I dreaming about a boy I liked almost 5 years ago. 

I walked up to my closet and looked through a couple if clothes I had unpacked. I grabbed a pair of jeans and a shirt then my sneakers. I stepped out of my room and into the bathroom. Once I had finished in therr I walked out into the kitchen to be met with my mother and brother.

"Good morning, Tate." My mom grinned at me. I grinned back and sat down at the table next to Dustin. I grabbed Eggo waffle and drizzling some syrup on it. 

"Excited for your first day back?" Mom questioned me. 

"Oh, yeah. Just nervous I guess." I replied while slowly eating my waffle. 

"Don't be nervous." She patted the top of my hand. I just gave her a small smile. 

After breakfast Dustin rode his bike to school and I walked. I couldn't use my mom's car today because she had an early shift this morning. The walk to school was only about 15 minutes, so I just left earlier than usual and trailed after Dustin on his bike. 

Once I got to school I was scared to walk in but I took a deep breath and confidently walked down the hallway. My dad always told me to be confident. People liked confidence, is what he said. I looked around for Nancy. She was talking to Barbara Holland. Barb was always nice, but to me she seemed a little off,  like she was always on edge or something. 

I walked up to the 2 girls and over heard what they were saying, "We just made out a couple of times." Nancy said to Barb. 

"We just made out a couple of times." Barb repeated with satire.