The Lengendary Coffee Shop (part 3)

I didn't want to leave, but I needed to apply for the job. I couldn't keep using my parents money for rent, or keep letting my roommate pay.

I opened the door, and walked in. It was a really big store. It seemed more like a library than a bookstore. This store was pretty empty too. Not many people want book at 8:19.

I came to the counter to see an employee. He wasn't just an employee. He was basically my best friend. That's also how I found out about the job.

"Hey, Kat. You're pretty much guaranteed to get the job. No one is applying. So just fill this out"

"Ok, and thanks for all of this, Harris."

I walked away for the counter, and filled out the form. It had basic questions so it didn't take long. Harris gave it to his boss, then lead me to the back.

"You have the job, and we need you to start now. To start easy, you can help me arrange books."

We started sorting donations and new releases. I was reaching for a book when Harris grabbed my arm. I jumped a little because...that was unexpected.

"What is this"

"What do you mean?

"This tattoo."

Harris's p.o.v.

Kat was reaching up to get a book when I looked up and saw her wrist. My reaction was to grab her arm to see it. It had the date on it.

"What is this"

"What do you mean?

"This tattoo."

As soon as I said it she seemed sad. Did it happen to her? I was a little disappointed. I expected it to be with someone in particular. But I doubt it happened. Why? Because there is nothing on my wrist.

"Did it happen...?"

"Of course not. I just random got a tattoo this morning."

I felt the sarcasm in her voice.

"Who is it?"

"Her name is Olivia."

Her? I didn't know Kat rolled like that. She's had plenty of boyfriends. And why does the name sound so familiar? Oh wait..

"Olivia from the coffee shop next door?"

"Yeah? Do you know her?"

"Kind of. I visit them pretty often."

"Look. Can we talk about this later?"

"Sure. I'm coming to your apartment."

After that we didn't talk for the whole shift.