Chapter 7: When the Goddess is Taken to Another World by an Otaku

The beginning of "KonoSuba" was very straightforward, and the pace was fast. It basically told the story of how the otaku protagonist was deceived by the goddess and decided to become an adventurer in another world.

Of course, this was not without benefits. The goddess promised the protagonist that he could choose anything to bring to the other world, including powerful weapons, extraordinary intelligence, divine luck, and so on.

The protagonist, living up to expectations, chose the goddess in front of him, who was annoying no matter how you looked at her, as his wish condition. From then on, he started his challenging life in another world.

This opening section had no major difficulties in filming. The main challenge was the props, whether it was the numerous magic circles or the magic crystals used for special effects, all of which were handmade by Edward.

Fortunately, Edward, as the prodigy of the Mage Tower, had reached the level of a grand mage at the youngest age. Otherwise, so many magic circles might have drained him completely.

As for the wings behind the angel who would be the next goddess, Winry spent a long time struggling before reluctantly creating a pair that looked presentable. And, in the case of the actress playing that angel, there was no doubt that it was her.

......

Early the next morning.

"Last night, you should have memorized your lines. When acting later, remember to exaggerate as much as possible, show off your facial expressions! The more exaggerated, the funnier it will be, and the audience will love it!"

As Edward spoke, he glanced at the two individuals who had obviously stayed up late, with dark circles under their eyes. Then, offhandedly, he asked, "Can I ask what you two were doing last night? Don't tell me you got so engrossed in the script that you couldn't sleep."

"......"

Immediately, Zat and Aya, whose inner thoughts were exposed, turned their heads in embarrassment. It wasn't until Edward sighed and asked Winry to do their makeup to hide the fatigue on their faces that they regained their composure.

To be honest, Edward understood the two who had stayed up all night reading the script.

After all, he had been in a similar state when binge-watching shows, only realizing that it was already morning when the ending credits rolled.

For these inhabitants of another world, who had probably never encountered such an entertaining script as "KonoSuba," staying up all night to read it was completely understandable.

However, no matter how understanding Edward was, he couldn't relax his expectations for the two actors' performances. On the contrary, since both of them had now read the script, understood the roles they were playing, they had to perform in even better condition!

So, with everyone returning to the familiar small room, the formal shooting began.

.........

In the pitch-dark small room, the plot of fooling the protagonist had progressed to the second half.

After various inducements and persuasions, the protagonist Zat had gradually been drawn in by the goddess's words, seriously considering how to cross into another world and reach the pinnacle of life.

With the sudden brilliance of the magic crystals, the goddess, who had just stood up from her chair, struck a rather delicate pose and loudly exclaimed, "Come, choose! Let me bestow upon you an invincible ability!"

At this moment, Winry on the side promptly threw various cards filled with abilities down from the skylight upstairs.

Although Zat was surprised by this sight, he earnestly looked through the cards that displayed various powers. For a moment, he found it challenging to decide what kind of extraordinary ability he wanted to bring to the other world.