Unseen Sacrifices

This chapter is dedicated to all the men of our lives who gave up on their dreams or wishes for us.

■■■■■

Anav's POV

I woke up to the soft tickle of hair on my face. Opening my eyes, I saw it was Dhara’s, gently spread over me. I brushed it aside and took in the scene....our bodies intertwined beneath the sheets. Her head rested on my chest, her arm draped across me, and our legs tangled together. I could wake up like this every day. Normally, I’d be up for my morning walk by now, but today, I had no desire to leave this moment. I kissed her forehead softly. She wrinkled her brow for a second but stayed in her deep sleep, exhausted from last night activity.

As much as I wanted to stay, my body was urging me to get up. Carefully, I moved her arm and legs away. The sheet shifted, revealing her bare skin. I smiled, covering her again before slipping out of bed.

I returned, lying beside her, savoring the peace. It was our first morning together after becoming one, and I couldn’t just wait for her to wake up anymore. Three hours had passed! I pulled the sheet down, gently touching her mounds. Then I took one in my hand and other in my mouth. Her soft moans and I liked how her nipple got erected and she got goosebumps on her body. Wow I have this effect on her? She unconsciously kept her hand on my head and pushed me on her breast. The way her body responded made me smile. She was still half-asleep, mumbling my name, lost in a dream.

Leaning into her ear, I whispered, “Wake up, love. We could continue where we left off.”

Her breathing shifted; I knew she was awake but pretending not to be. I lowered the sheet further.

“Anav, no…” she murmured.

“Why not?” I teased.

"Of showing me your body?

She nodded.

I pulled the sheet up, covering us both. With a playful smile, I placed my my palm over her breast.

“But I’ve already seen you like this, Dhara. Not just that....but we did that baby making process too."

Her voice was soft. “You said it would feel good, but it was… it hurt. It still burns down there. It feels so hot like fire there. I don’t know how I’m supposed to walk or even go to the bathroom now. I didn't like this process."

I anticipated this reaction.

“It’s just the first time, love. Your body’s adjusting. It won’t feel this way next time, I promise.”

“Okay,” she whispered.

“Let me pamper my wife today,” I said, getting up.

“Anav, wear something!” she said, covering her eyes as I stood naked in front of her.

Laughing, I tossed the sheet aside. “Oh, Anav!” she exclaimed in mock horror, trying to cover herself with her hands.

"Now we both are naked"

I scooped her up and carried her to the bathroom. She shyly mentioned the burning hadn’t gone away. I knew we’d need to wait a few days before trying again.

We bathed together, the warm water soothing her soreness. Later, I applied cream to ease her discomfort, and when we dressed, I insisted she wear my T-shirt. It reached down to her knees, making her look adorable. It made me feel protective, seeing her in my clothes.

Time is flying by so quickly.
Today is Dharini's first day of college, and just last week I went back to school with Rajeev. I’ll be getting my bike back from servicing by this evening. Some people suggested I should sell it. But, I’ve just gotten married, and it feels like everyone assumes the groom’s side has no expenses.
No one thinks about the tent rental, food, procession, light bills, horse fees.....it's endless. I made sure to pay everything before my father could even think about it. I didn't want him to bear that burden. We don’t have our own house yet, and I’m determined to buy one before starting a family with Dhara. I don’t want to raise our child in a rented home.
And with all these daily expenses climbing, along with Dhara’s college fees... I had dreams of pursuing my Master's, but, well, life has a different path for me now. Anyway, my bike just needs some repairs, and it’ll be good as new.

Papa came all the way to drop Dharini at college today. She was so nervous she couldn’t even sleep last night, and was not feeling like eating so I made her eat breakfast forcefully then packed our tiffins.

It's her first day, and she left early. While Papa was sitting in the living room, I was in the bedroom, giving her some words of encouragement, a few kisses, and a bone crushing hug to calm her down.

My mind was on Dhara the whole day. Is this what they call the honeymoon phase? I just want to be near her all the time, keep touching her, holding her. So much has changed this past month. We didn’t even tell Dadi about my accident; I know she’d blame Dharini, say she brought bad luck. A cow appeared out of nowhere on the road...how could that be Dharini’s fault? Nonsense.

After packing my bag, I walked out of school where Rajeev was waiting for me on his bike.

"I thought you’d decided to camp out at school today," he said sarcastically.

"Shut up," I replied.

He dropped me off at home, and I was eager to see Dhara. I rang the bell, expecting her usual bright smile, but instead, I was greeted by a sad face.
Without saying a word, she walked straight into my arms.

"What’s wrong, love?" I asked, guiding her inside and closing the door behind us.

"There are only three girls in my class, and they all sat together. The rest are boys."

"And?"

"None of them talked to me."

"Why?"

"They're Shrishti, Astha, and Samriddi," she whispered.

Ah, those girls....who spread rumors about Dharini and bullyied her in school.

"It’s okay, Dharini," I reassured her.

"You’re there to study, right? Don’t worry about them or anyone else. Just focus on your goals."

She nodded and hugged me tightly. I realized how much I’ve missed this kind of welcome, this warmth all these years. It feels so good that someone is eagerly waiting for you at home.

■■■■■

Just go to the man/men of your lives who sacrificed their dreams or comfort for you or did something for you and give them a tight hug.

This book is coming to an end, just few Chapters left. Thank you for all the love you have shown on "She's Taken"...❤