Wednesday paced around her and Enid's room, her eyes fixated on the screen of her cellular device.

Minor threats like these never concerned her. In fact, Wednesday wasn't even the tiniest bit intrigued when she had first received a text from this anonymous identity. That was until Enid was added into the equation.

Whoever this was knew that Wednesday had formed a bond with Enid. Whoever this was knew that Wednesday's interest would only pique whenever this bond was exposed and used as a point of vulnerability within Wednesday.

Wednesday was not scared for her own wellbeing nor Enid's, as that would be ridiculous. For one, this individual is clearly not incredibly intelligent for multiple reasons that shouldn't have to be disclosed. In addition, Enid is an incredibly capable character, as she has proven in previous situations of conflict.

Still, that ponders the question; why was she so indulged in this?

Wednesday's head turned as she heard the door click open, watching Enid walk inside carrying multiple shopping bags, her arcade prize tucked underneath her arm.

"Help me out here?" Enid says, her arms straining. Wednesday slowly places her phone back in her pocket, walking torwards Enid and taking a few bags from her, a bit caught off guard as she feels her body weighed down by the shopping items.

"Enid, I humbly doubt that your wardrobe requires this much of an addition," Wednesday says, trying her very best to muffle the sounds of struggle in her voice as she places the bags down on Enid's bed.

"Fashion means going to highest of limits," Enid says, placing the rest of the shopping bags on her bed, along with her arcade prize.

"Well, consider yourself a fashion icon," Wednesday mumbles, the words sitting uncomfortably on her tongue, joke or not. Enid lets out a giggle that rings nicely in Wednesday's ears.

Enid begins pulling out the items in her shopping bags, a collage of pastel sweaters and jackets.

"So, did you work on your story while I was out? Can I see what you have so far?" Enid asks, putting her clothes on hangers. Wednesday glances away for a moment. No, Enid, I was busy conspiring about my text-stalker who seems to have latched onto my affiliation with you.

"Minimally. As for letting you view it, I've decided to prolong sharing the draft with anyone, in your favor, ofcourse. It will be worth the wait, I assure you," Wednesday says, her head tilting downward. Enid whines.

"Ugh, come on! Can't I just take a small peek at it?"

"Enid, please, your concerning lack of patience is revealing," Wednesday says, her eyebrows raised.

"Well, atleast give me a little bit of a teaser! What makes it SO worth my agony?" Enid says, her exaggeration ever so slightly amusing to Wednesday.

Wednesday swallows. What is an element so obnoxious, pop-culture-esque, and completely out of Wednesday's range in the world of writing that it will send Enid into a spiral?

"Romance," Wednesday sputters, her eyes wide as she vocalizes the idea as soon as it pops into her head. Enid's jaw drops.

"No. Way." Enid says in disbelief, a grin slowly creeping onto her face, followed by her signature deafening squeal.

"I said I was expanding my territory, did I not?" Wednesday says. Enid jumps up and down, grasping onto Wednesday's arms. The contact isn't particularly unpleasant, and Enid's reaction makes her outrageous fib a little bit more worth it.

"Okay, okay. Wednesday is writing a love story, gosh, I can't believe it! Just- there's one thing. Do you even know how to write a love story? I mean...it's not exactly your specialty."